1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richmond

vs

Butler

Records: Richmond (11-6, 1-1 A 10) / Butler (14-2, 2-0 A 10)
Game time: 7PM EST
TV: Indy 23 and CBS 6 Richmond
Radio: Richmond ESPN 950 AM, The WOLF 93.1 FM / Butler 1070AM
Websites: Richmond / Butler

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
While I would never take UR giving double digits (or effective double digits, like -9.5 vs. URI) I heard this line was like +18, which is far too much. With Clarke out, definitely take UR if you can get that number. While the results don't speak it, Spiders led at Minnesota in the last 10 minutes of that game, hung in there despite inconsistent play at Lasalle and led at the half in their loss at Ohio. If they can avoid the shooting dry spells that plagued them in 2nd half stretches in those games, should be a much closer game. Only the Kansas road game was a wall to wall beatdown.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Ironically, for short periods of time, Butler makes out to the plus-side in offensive efficiency when Kellen Dunham takes Clarke's spot in the starting lineup.

Kellen Dunham is 2nd on the team at 123.4 offensive rating, 2nd to Andrew Smith's 129.5. They are the only two on the team that rank in the country's Top 100. (32nd and 100th)

There are a handful of other A10 players in the Top 100, notably Troy Daniels at 127.7 at 63.3% minute percentage

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ironically, for short periods of time, Butler makes out to the plus-side in offensive efficiency when Kellen Dunham takes Clarke's spot in the starting lineup.

Kellen Dunham is 2nd on the team at 123.4 offensive rating, 2nd to Andrew Smith's 129.5. They are the only two on the team that rank in the country's Top 100. (32nd and 100th)
Very interesting data... In your opinion, why do you think that is?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

There are a handful of other A10 players in the Top 100, notably Troy Daniels at 127.7 at 63.3% minute percentage
And Richmond's Darien Brothers at 66

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Line is Butler giving 8. I would like that line with Clarke, but I am not sure without him.

·
Registered
778 Posts
First off, not feeling sorry for Butler without Clarke. We don't have Derrick Williams.

Secondly, Richmond has not looked good at all on the road this year. I wouldn't touch this line with the proverbial stick. I just don't have a lot of confidence in the team right now.

·
Banned
335 Posts
Those aren't exactly equivalents, but -8 looks about right given Sagarin (with a back of the envelope adjustment for the net margin difference due to the two players)

I tend to think it'll be around -10 or -12.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Another line that I wouldn't touch. As I mentioned, Richmond has kind of hung around games on the road, played well in a few, but when down 6-8 points late, never seem to make the shots to pull within one score.

With the evolving offensive adjustments UR is making without Williams - going small, trying to push tempo - and this being the first BU game without Clarke, I would deem this one a stay away. Only value would potentially be UR on the money line if you though they could pull the upset outright. Nothing of their road games against quality opposition has showed that they can/will win this one though.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Clarke only played a dozen minutes of the 1st half at Dayton. This is more or less the second game without Clarke available.
It's completely different when you have to deal without someone during the game he got hurt in and what you can do once you have had a chance to game plan without him.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It's completely different when you have to deal without someone during the game he got hurt in and what you can do once you have had a chance to game plan without him.
We saw this with Lehigh and McCollum. We were up 10 at the 5 minute to go mark when he was injured. They outscored us by 6 the rest of the game without him. We game planned to stop him and their set plays with him. Their team played completely different without him on the floor and they damn near beat us.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
4-23 in the first 15 minutes for Richmond. I would say that 20 of those were jumpers.

Get to the rack, fellas. You can't shoot straight.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts