1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richmond

vs

La Salle

Records: Richmond (11-5, 1-0 A 10) / La Salle (10-4, 0-1 A 10)
Game time: 2PM EST
TV: None
Radio: Richmond ESPN 950 AM, The WOLF 93.1 FM / La Salle 990 AM
Websites: Richmond / La Salle

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Worried about this game for the Spiders. The new, entirely-small lineups that Richmond is playing with Williams out play right into La Salle's strengths as well, it seems. I expect an up tempo battle with both teams looking to get out and run and create turnovers into points.

As I've noted elsewhere, Richmond is so Jekyll/Hyde this year - can score 10 points in 30 seconds then go 5 minutes without sniffing a point (and giving up 15 on the other end). They need to score consistently to offset the defensive lapses.

Side note - I may actually drive down to this one from NYC - any La Salle locals want to point me in the direction of parking and/or food nearby?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I take it from the lack of response that no one has ever been to a game at Gola and/or there is nowhere to park or eat nearby. Which is about what I expected.

Go Spiders.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I take it from the lack of response that no one has ever been to a game at Gola and/or there is nowhere to park or eat nearby. Which is about what I expected.

Go Spiders.
Actually, there were a number of us there last year when La Salle beat Richmond in the A-10 playoffs to send them packing for the year.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Parking is all on or near campus. There's a lot where Gola is that is the first to fill up (and may be limited access since it is a primary student lot). There is signage and security guards around to direct people to park at the Einstein Medical Center or Fresh Grocer lots further up Olney Avenue.

As for spots to eat, not much around campus. Best bets are Mt. Airy or Manayunk which are relative short drives away.

Also, given that La Salle fans are not the most frequent posters here, its probably advisable to give more than 4.5 hours before bitching about a lack of response when googling or looking at the athletics website would provide your answers.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Both teams really need this game. LaSalle because they don't want to start 0-2. Richmond because our upcoming schedule is brutal.

LaSalle is a 5 point favorite. Tough spot for the Spiders.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Got a good feeling about this game for some reason. Our new look lineup is opening things up nicely for us. Doubtful that the crowd will give us much trouble today. Spiders by 4.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
La Salle 71-59 despite one of the officials making 3 bogus first half calls against Ramon Galloway. Trail official Dave Draucker decided to give Richmond a major assist... he called 3 fouls against Ramon despite not being able to see if the calls were legit (and none of the 3 were - as we could see from the stands and the other official could clearly see on the baseline).

Duren took over the game in the second half. 17 points overall.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It also helps if you are specific as to what type of food you are looking for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
La Salle 71-59 despite one of the officials making 3 bogus first half calls against Ramon Galloway. Trail official Dave Draucker decided to give Richmond a major assist... he called 3 fouls against Ramon despite not being able to see if the calls were legit (and none of the 3 were - as we could see from the stands and the other official could clearly see on the baseline).

Duren took over the game in the second half. 17 points overall.
Wow, you complain about the refs a lot. I was just chuckling about your post about not having a professional crew work the Xavier game today, and then I stumbled across this.

Does LaSalle ever get a good crew, in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Wow, you complain about the refs a lot. I was just chuckling about your post about not having a professional crew work the Xavier game today, and then I stumbled across this.

Does LaSalle ever get a good crew, in your opinion?
Only when the Explorers win by 50, as they would every game if the officiating was good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts