Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nachbar is getting playing time for his defense, doing a great job on Larry Hughes, who is much smaller and relatively quicker but Nachbar is using his long arms. Cuttino is getting killed by Dixon and Etan Thomas, who is setting a number of picks for Dixon. Thomas' man isn't coming over... not sure if it is Yao or Cato. Wizards are taking the ball to the basket and getting results... Rockets are just playing their PATHETIC perimeter game.

Wash - 39
Hou - 32

(Houston led by 17 in the first)

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
It seems that Kwame has gotten a touch of Hughes-itis -- shoot the ball whenever you get a chance regardless of shot quality. A few bad plays by him on both sides of the court helped you guys use a 10-2 run to take a 2 point half time lead.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Yao plays only 3 quarters but the Rockets do a great job closing things out in the 4th, this is the best I've seen them pass the ball all season. Not sure what kind of interior defense the Wiz were playing, but they got killed by the passing games of... Kelvin Cato and Mo Taylor. Gumby wanted to go small/quick when the Wizards pulled within 2, and he got the right combination this time.

Nachbar has played great on defensive end but is consistently putting up bricks even when he is wide open. Needs to go to his slashing skills more.

Steve Francis had a couple of great high flying dunks, but did well in terms of distributing the ball, Francis-to-Jackson has been a recurring theme mainly because Jackson makes his perimeter shots and is a happy camper.

Final Score

Rockets - 93
Wizards - 80

Key Factors:
Rockets shoot 51% from the field.
Yao got to the line alot, 9-10 from the charity stripe.
Outrebounded the Wiz 44-31.
24 assists (6 from Cato!)
Once Nachbar was on Hughes, the Wizards scoring settled down

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Did anyone watch the postgame show with coop and Jeff? If so, what did Jeff say to make him blush so hard? I changed the channel for a brief moment and when I turned it back, Jeff was like,"point well taken. I will never say that again."

Anybody?

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>777</b>!
didn't watch the game so could somebody please tell me why didn't Yao play in the fourth quarter?
He didn't need to... Cato and Taylor were playing great with each other, and they began to pull away so Gumby just kept Yao on the bench.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Nachbar has played great on defensive end but is consistently putting up bricks even when he is wide open. Needs to go to his slashing skills more.
I'm glad to hear Nachbar is doing better in D. About his bricks- It's all in his head, with a bit of self confidence he can be solid shooter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts