Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't watch it and I'm not listening to it, but for the sake of tradition, I'll start one up.

GO BLAZERS!

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
Can't watch it and I'm not listening to it, but for the sake of tradition, I'll start one up.

GO BLAZERS!
What the hell, huh?

Darius is looking nice.

Khryapa with the dunk! Sweet.

I'm amazed at Portland's shooting percentage since Pritchard has taken over. Almost 60% right now.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
That post up move by Ha was really nice. And he buried the 2 free throws.

Outlaw with the throw down! Sweet.

Ha with a block and SAR with the dunk at the other end. We're looking pretty good tonight.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the box score Outlaw's shooting is solid... Our bigs are putting up some great numbers and Telfair has 9 points and 2 assists through halftime. Good game so far!

I just thought of a better name for Travis Outlaw that may fit him more seeing that he's in the Pacific Northwest. Check this out:

Troutlaw

Eh? Slick like a fish?

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
Troutlaw

Eh? Slick like a fish?
He is kinda bony.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
both teams played hard. ;)

seriously tho, that was a good hard fought game, cept when it came to leaving Peja wide freaking open.

Viktor didn't impress, but he wasn't unimpressive.

Telfair continues to show strides. Has some really pretty plays early in the game, and overall played good. Still has some holes, but he held his own (reasonably).

Travis looked good, but it was like he wasn't looking for his shot.

Ha looked good out there. Still a little nervous on O (can you blame him?) but that hook shot was nice looking.

Joel didn't have a game like he has had against the Kings, but he played good. Looked a little lackadasical at times, but at hte same time, so did some of the other "vets". That foul by scrollis was pretty weak. Joel should've gone Przybilla on him. I like that fiesty side of Joel (which is different than Sheed's fiesty side, which I liked to a lesser degree (especially when it wasn't him whining to the refs)).

Ha should've fouled Scorllis hard. ;)

Damon played good. I missed where he got hurt, but it's a shame. His outside shooting (and guts to do it) was missed.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the numbers that Telfair put up today. He'll be very very very good in 2-3.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Classless move by Corliss Williamson clubbing Joel Przybilla in the back of the head from behind. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the NBA will turn a blind eye since it came against the Blazers.

-Pop

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Telfair's problem tonight is that he played horrible defense on Bibby. When you're playing a team like Sacramento, you can't give their playmaker the kind of room Bassy was giving him. Bibby had all kinds of room to either drive, pull up for a jumper or find the open man running through the screens.

-Pop

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Ha looked a lot more comfortable out there than the last time I saw him (a couple of weeks ago). I loved seeing the picks, and I can see why he could be dangerous out there. Apparently, according to the TV goons, he has a midrange jumper, 10-15 feet. Judging by his good-looking FT's, I don't doubt it.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SodaPopinski said:
Classless move by Corliss Williamson clubbing Joel Przybilla in the back of the head from behind. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the NBA will turn a blind eye since it came against the Blazers.

-Pop
Przybilla should have turned around and whooped his butt. I'm waiting for the big guy to kick someone's *** one of these days.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Portland once again plays the veterans a lot of minutes and once more comes up short.

8 minutes for Khryapa, 5 for Ha and 22 for Outlaw.

41 minutes for Patterson, 38 for SAR and 26 for Damon (and it would have been more, if he hadn't walked off injured).

The Blazers showed a lot of spunk tonight, but they are too damaged to win even at home over this damaged Kings team. (I'm using the term "damaged" without judgment and not to have to fight everyone about it.)

Ed O.

·
Registered
347 Posts
SodaPopinski said:
Telfair's problem tonight is that he played horrible defense on Bibby. When you're playing a team like Sacramento, you can't give their playmaker the kind of room Bassy was giving him. Bibby had all kinds of room to either drive, pull up for a jumper or find the open man running through the screens.

-Pop
Seriously? I got quite the opposite impression. There were some lapses which he paid for, but I thought he did a good job of staying with him. He forced Bibby into some tough positions. I think he was definately bothered that Sebastian was playing him so tight, not to mention the occasions which Bassy blew right by him. I think he played a good game, but should've definately pressed their offense a little more being that they were down with not much time left. Not saying that they should rush, but they should've been moving just a tad quicker to get into position.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Ed O said:
Portland once again plays the veterans a lot of minutes and once more comes up short.

8 minutes for Khryapa, 5 for Ha and 22 for Outlaw.

41 minutes for Patterson, 38 for SAR and 26 for Damon (and it would have been more, if he hadn't walked off injured).

The Blazers showed a lot of spunk tonight, but they are too damaged to win even at home over this damaged Kings team. (I'm using the term "damaged" without judgment and not to have to fight everyone about it.)

Ed O.
So what's the plan now? Clearly the youth movement has taken a back seat and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're not just doing the youth movement badly. Here are some thoughts off the top of my head:

1. They're showing off guys they think they might want to move this summer and want other teams to be clear that SAR, Patterson, and company are healthy;

2. They're concerned about Stern and/or the NBA "police" accusing them of not fielding the best team they can and that they're basically throwing games;

3. Pritchard (and the rest of HQ?) actually do want at least one more win here to boost team moral;

4. They've seen enough of the youth to know what they've got and don't want to risk injuries in "meaningless games." A stretch perhaps, though at least with Khryapa it makes some sense given that he wasn't expected to play at all this year;

5. They've already got some trade agreed to in principle (and very under the table) that includes some of that youth in draft day deals -- the deal's off if their new young stud gets injured;

6. Pritchard's gone rogue and ditched the whole plan because he really does want to be someone's head coach and is hoping to actually win a few games for his resume.

Okay, so some of those seem pretty unlikely. :biggrin: That said, I'd love to see others add to the list (realistically or not).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts