Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

San Antonio Spurs (27-37) vs. Detroit Pistons (40-23)

Time: 3:30 PM
Date: 3.20.05
Venue: The Palace Of Auburn Hills

Starting Lineups:

:bball:NBA.com Game Preview

Listening to the pregame Manu probably won't play big minutes today. I have a feeling that this is going to be a preview of the nba finals :wink:

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Beautiful play to end the first quarter. Rip runs down the clock, gets penetration kicks to McDyess who picks and flips to Chauncey for a 3. Great chemistry play.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Quick game notes...Cnote is gettin abused by Parker. Weve gotta attack parker on the offensive end with penetration and get him in foul trouble to slow down his aggressiveness. Ben and Sheed are getting no love from the refs. Sheeds Dunk didnt deserve a T and Ben has been hit a few times with no calls. Hopefully we can bring the D up and continue to fight for this one and not have a let down with Duncan out.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I hate how Duncan gets injured in our game. we really cant lose this with manu out as well, why arent we getting calls on our own court?

edit: oh i see manus playing. how has he been doing?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Our defense is a joke today. San Antonio is getting uncontested shot after uncontested shot. The Pistons aren't keeping the guards in front of them, and they aren't rotating on defense.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I like how Delfino is giving good minutes and giving Tayshaun a break. Like to see Tay get back in this quarter though.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Very nice contribution by the bench today. This is what I expected when we started the season. I still think we are getting jobbed by the refs a bit and the commentators are pretty much agreeing, they even agreed that Delfino took the charge. I dont understand how Ben gets a goal tending call? that wasnt even close. Sheed and Cnote are doing some complaining and with good reason. Hopefully we dont lose Sheed to another T.
I like that Arroyo and Cnote are attacking Parker on their offensive end now and it seems to be slowing Parker down. Lets keep it up and lets go to Sheed and Tay in the post. When Arroyo comes in I like him penetrating and looking to kick it out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nooo!! What happened to Duncan? I wanted to see what we can do faced with a complete-Spurs team.

But whatever... we've got a 10 point lead, and the bench is helping a lot.

What exactly happened to Duncan? I'm not watching.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
At about 10:09 of the first he attacked the rim and his right foot landed on Sheed left foot and rolled, he was taken for xrays and they were negative and he has since been diagnosed with 2nd degree sprain. They are saying he may be out @ a month.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I've been watching parts here and there and from what I've seen it looks like the bench has been playing very well and the offense is being spread throughout the entire team.

Is that right?

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Delfino may just yet find his way onto my good side. I like what I've seen from him in the little that I have seen this game. He seems to be running and moving fine, which is encouraging.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Our guards are doing such a terrible job of containing penetration.

Beno Udrih is good and all, and I like his game, but he shouldn't be beating us by himself.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've been really impressed with the play of Smooth today. As was noted at halftime, I think that has a lot to do with Brown not being out there yelling at him.

With under a minute left it looks like we may pull this out. The Spurs have played great without their #1 guy. I wish Duncan was playing but we'll see them again the in the NBA Finals.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
San Antonios secondary players really put on a display today and almost pulled it off for little Timmy. I am pleased with the bench play for us but am worried about the oppositions guard penetration. Teams are becoming increasingly aware of the ease at which their guards can get into the lane and cause our D to collapse. I really like how Tay has been posting up for us at critical times and produces against most opponents. He and Sheed in the post is our money play. Delfino showed his bb iq and will certainly be an asset in the playoffs. I caught myself smiling with him and Arroyo in there, they really seem to have a nice on court chemistry and with some more time with Dyess? the 3 of them will be exciting to watch.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I was just glancing at the box score and was really pleased with Gars minute distribution today. I would like to see Sheed down to the 35 minute mark too but the starters with exception of rips 28 minutes were all in the 34-35 range with sheed tup at 39. Then the dos los and Dyess off the bench in the 20 minute range. I would still like to see EC and D get some minutes leading into the playoffs, I am happy with the rotation all things considered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts