Nuggets 117 Lakers 96
Box Score

<center> Key Matchup

<center>Predrag Stojakovic
<center>

<center>PPG 19.9
<center>RPG 4.40
<center>APG 2.00
<center>Last Game Stats: 41min/38pts/9rebs/2asts/1stl (9/13fg)

Carmelo Anthony
<center>

<center>PPG 19.9
<center>RPG 5.70
<center>APG 2.80
<center>Last Game Stats: 31min/16pts/3reb/4asts/2stl

<center>The Big Game:

Big game for both clubs, Denver has won 11 out of thier last 12 games while the Kings look to stablize there position in the west. With the Kings win over arch rivals Dallas Mavericks Thursday night they look to carry thier momentum into the Pepsi Center and come out with a win. With the Kings All-Star forward Peja Stojakovic coming off a season-high 38pts from 9-13 shooting from the floor the Kings look to win thier 2nd road game this month. Tune in this should be a good one.

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OT: Last 5 games Peja has avg 23.4pts 6.3reb 3.2 asts 1.6 stl. Look like the same numbers he avg last year. Difference this year is that hes being more aggresive and trying to be more then just a shooter. Crashing the boards more frequently and creating his own shots while still trying to get back into top shape. Will this trend continue into the playoffs and for the reminder of the rest of the season?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think this is a bigger game than the Mavs... if we cant take these guys out on the road it will be huge for us... they are playing really well so this isnt a gimme.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Skinner brings a new spirit to Sacramento

Languishing on the bench in Philadelphia, he has become a force in the middle with the Kings.

"Joy comes in the morning."

The scribbled scripture is written on the size-20 shoes of Brian Skinner, a passage reminding the spiritual 28-year-old that every day is anew.

A new start, a new chance to show the world what you're about, a revival like the one he's experiencing in Sacramento.

Skinner becoming a King has brought something new for both sides. And since the six-player trade that sent him from the Philadelphia 76ers to Sacramento on Feb. 23, his cup of joy has runneth over.

o the Kings and their followers, Skinner is truly a godsend - that physical presence in the post they've been lacking for so long, and a saving grace after the broken left fibula of center Brad Miller likely ended his regular season March 12. To Skinner, Sacramento is just as welcome, the rare place where his abilities are being put to use rather than put to the bench.

An NBA journeyman with a mostly frustrating journey, Skinner has averaged 2.14 blocks in 14 games with Sacramento, entering rare territory for Kings players. Since the franchise turnaround in 1998, only Chris Webber has averaged more than two blocks per game - 2.12 in 1998-99.
WOOHOOOO. GO SKINNER!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brian Skinner has brought a passion for the game and an energy to the Kings since his arrival from the Philadelphia 76ers last month. Skinner, who spent most of his 76ers stint on the bench, is playing nearly 30 minutes per game for the Kings.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Sacramento (43-27) at Denver (37-30) 9:00 pm EST

DENVER (Ticker) -- The streaking Denver Nuggets look to continue their winning ways Saturday when they host the Sacramento Kings.

The Nuggets have won their last five games and 13 of 14 to build a three-game lead over Minnesota for the eighth and final playoff spot. With a record of 20-5 under coach George Karl, Denver is just two games behind Memphis for the seventh seed.

The Kings have won three of their last four games and seven of 10. On Thursday, Sacramento posted a 109-101 home victory over the Dallas Mavericks.

After winning the first two meetings at Arco Arena, the Kings can sweep the season series for the third time in the last four years. Denver won both meetings here last season.
We gotta win this game. :yes:

GO KINGS!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
^That article on Skinner is good! I hope Skinner stays with the Kings for a long time! He's the guy who we needed for a long time. I'm glad we got him. :) I also know that since last season, Kings aren't as atlethic (sp) ... we always play poorly vs more atlethic teams. With Skinner, Thomas and Corliss (along with Darius) off the bench, that's a lot of toughest! :cool:

Going to be a big game tonight! Nuggets have to lose someday and I hope it's tonight!

GOO KINGS!!!!

Show who's the All-Stars at Denver!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I think well keep K9 and Skinner

and in the summer package williamson along with bobby jackson and get a nice backup G in return.

ex: S&T for Earl Watson (not gonna happen, but thats my dream)

or maybe S&T for Keith Bogans

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Nice article on Skinner. I didn't realize that the Kings have been that pathetic at blocking shots....there was a graphic in the Bee showing that during the Sacramento era, he is third! in blocks per game.

---------

Peja needs to go off tonight. It's been a long time since he has had back to back great games.

Kings 104
Nuggets 96

·
Registered
79 Posts
You guys are quite optimistics for a team who's gonna play the hottest team in the league on the road.

Nugz 112
Sac 105

·
Registered
521 Posts
EduRiker said:
You guys are quite optimistics for a team who's gonna play the hottest team in the league on the road.

Nugz 112
Sac 105
As a fan, I always remain optimistic for my favorite team...:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
maKINGSofgreatness said:
Congratulations!! You've figured out that fans want there team to win!
Actually, the lottery teams could possible have fans wanting them to lose.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Why do the guards (Cat, and Bibby) seem to not pass a lot to Peja when he is behind the 3 point line.

Against hte Mavs I only saw 3 times when one of the guards drove and disshed to Peja, and everytime he hit a 3.

IMO i think that Bibby and Cat are too greedy sometimes and only looking out for themselves.

Reactions: Pejavlade
1 - 20 of 72 Posts