Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the love of Clyde, can we please see more of Travis Outlaw and Viktor Khryapa and less of Damon Stoudamire now that Darius Miles is back?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After seeing Beer&Basketball's thread regarding Ruben's return, we now have to ask ourselves how this will affect the young guys even more.

Will we play him tonight and throughout the rest of the season to up his tradability?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
Will we play him tonight and throughout the rest of the season to up his tradability?
As I said in my other post, I just got an email from Nash saying it is likely he will be trying to move one of our small forwards in the off season, he said the reason is because we have an abundance of them. I suggested Darius Miles to New York, lets see what happens.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, Sambonius. I'm expecting big things this offseason, lets hope that we can clear up our logjam at the small forward position.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
This is sure is one busy forum. You guys have a game thread and a game prediction thread. Its a ghost town over in the Sonics forum. I suppose over here, misery loves company.

If you guys care to share some of your wisdom with us in the Sonics forum, stop by and post some. Give us the business if you beat us bad or just pull out a squeaker. And if you have not picked someone to support in the playoffs, you all are certainly welcome over in the Sonics forum. I'm just kinda amazed at how active your Blazers forum is. You guys deserve better than what Blazers management has given you lately.

G-Force

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
G-Force said:
You guys deserve better than what Blazers management has given you lately.

G-Force
I disagree.

We got exactly what we deserved, collectively.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words G-Force, you're always welcome to stop by if nothing's going on in the Sonics forum. I always like it when fans from different teams can express their opinions in the same game thread.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
I suppose that cleaning house of all the troublemakers and malcontents did not produce the desired results. Or maybe it did.

I'll admit that I in no way am up on what has happened in Portland over the past couple of years. It's just kinda surprising to see a team with a history of success struggling so much this season.

G-Force

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Game on, ya'll.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't know what D.A.'s been doing while he's been away, but whatever it is... he needs to keep that ish up!!! I've been a HUGE critic of the guy, since he first arrived in Portland, but I have to give him some credit for his performane thus far tonight.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Why are Ruben and DA getting a lot of minutes?

I just don't see why they aren't going with Outlaw.

Also - why is EVERY option in the post more viable than Reef? I laughed when we went three or four straight plays dropping it into Patterson.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Games like this suck ---

You see all the potential in the world in Miles. He plays intelligent and takes open looks. He gets in the lane and makes smart plays.

The next game ... he'll chunk up 15 shots, of which 10 are ill-advised, and have 5 TOs.

BLAH!

Play.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yeah, it looks as though the coaches and management have gone back on their youth movement. If by youth movement they mean "Telfair starts but no other youngster really plays" then I think they are succeeding. Doesn't bother me too much though as I am fairly easy to please when it comes to basketball.... I just like watching... no matter what is going on.
By the way, I think Telfair is getting worn out. He just looks tired lately.
Prunetang

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree Play, these kinds of games from Miles are always frustrating... so much potential yet so little drive. Oh well, whatever happens, a win tonight would be nice regardless of draft position.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Did anyone else see the on-screen graphic, in the bottom left-hand corner, (after Telfair scored), that showed a New Jersey Nets emblem next to his name? What was that all about?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
This team is STUPID. S-T-U-P-I-D!

They score when they go into the paint nad the ball comes out to open shooters.

Now we've decided that going into the paint is too much work, so we are settling for jumpers.

Dumb.

Get the ball to Miles and Reef in the post.

Play.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Just dumb.

The only guy that can consistantly score, night in and night out gets ONE touch all 3rd QTR in the post.

Please explain why, god. Why?

Play.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts