1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St. Bonaventure

vs

Butler

Records: St. Bonaventure (10-10, 3-4 A 10) / Butler (18-4, 5-2 A 10)
Game time: 7PM EST
TV: Time Warner Sportschannel Buffalo, Indy 23
Radio: St. Bonaventure 95.7 WPIG and WHDL 1450 am / Butler 1070AM
Websites: St. Bonaventure / Butler

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Can the Bonnies hand Butler its first home loss this year?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Good job. Butler is spotting St. Bonaventure 11 points. I would put money on the Bulldogs in this one.
I would have put money on Temple and St. Joseph's running us out of Philly. We have no idea what to expect with Coach Mark Schmidt at the helm. I hope he's watched his share of film and has decided tonight just might be the night to start guarding the 3-ball. Maybe? I don't really see any match-up problems on the court, just one real big mismatch on the bench - the coaching staffs.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Yeah, good job, '84. You can read kenpom with the best of them.

:smilewink

·
Registered
66 Posts
Game over. Nothing you can do when Butler is shooting so well. Well, not with the Bonnies' inferior talent and far inferior coaching.

Getting absolutely dominated on the glass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To anyone whom regularly watches Bonas games, why do we consistently have such trouble guarding 3 point shots? Night in and night out it is the downfall of this team, and we have about 3.5 guards at all times on the floor. It creates some difficult basketball to watch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great game from our Dawgs! St. Bona, see you in Brooklyn and good luck the rest of the season. We'll be rooting for you to pull a few upsets.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
To anyone whom regularly watches Bonas games, why do we consistently have such trouble guarding 3 point shots? Night in and night out it is the downfall of this team, and we have about 3.5 guards at all times on the floor. It creates some difficult basketball to watch.
Defend the 3 point shot? Now why in the frrg would we do that? Don't you know everyone just gets hot against the Bonnies? Don't you know the 3pt arc is a "safe zone" for the opponent. Thou shalt not cross the 3pt line to defend. The opponent shot better from 3 than we did on layups. Butler has some real smart, high BB IQ guys coached by a brilliant mind. SBU has athletes who can run fast, jump high, shoot well when they get open, but are coached by a moron, and the play on the court shows it. Good grief. If last night wasn't a lesson in how important a coach is, then I don't know what is.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Defend the 3 point shot? Now why in the frrg would we do that? Don't you know everyone just gets hot against the Bonnies? Don't you know the 3pt arc is a "safe zone" for the opponent. Thou shalt not cross the 3pt line to defend. The opponent shot better from 3 than we did on layups. Butler has some real smart, high BB IQ guys coached by a brilliant mind. SBU has athletes who can run fast, jump high, shoot well when they get open, but are coached by a moron, and the play on the court shows it. Good grief. If last night wasn't a lesson in how important a coach is, then I don't know what is.
Agreed. Watching Butler adjust on the fly and execute a plan is a joy. Stevens is great. Schmidt's teams always seem to fall into pickup ball mode, though. When halftime hits and it's time to make major adjustments, it's usually not pretty for Bona. Look at the win at St. Joe's. We pummeled the Hawks in the first half, but Martelli (who isn't loved in Philly these days) had his guys come out and force feed the post. The result for the Bonnies was nearly blowing a 25-point lead. Don't bring this stuff up on the Bona Bandwagon, though, or a witch hunt will ensue.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
It goes both ways over there, Bill. If somebody mentions a positive about Schmidt, they get attacked, as well. It's tiring, and one of the reasons I don't spend as much time there these days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts