Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think the starting line ups will be and how do they match up?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Bonnies should start PG Kloof, SG M. Wright, SF Chris Johnson, PF Conger, C Simmons

That is assuming that Johnson's injury is healed and coach is ready to let him start and play full minuets again over Davenport. I also wish the Bonnies would start Gathers (or even Davenport) over Wright but that is just me. Schmidt has some love affair over Matt Wright that many fans can't seem to understand.

Who do we have to look out for from GW?

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I'm guessing Frosh trio of PG Joe McDonald, SF Patricio Garino and C Kevin Larsen will be thrown in again with SG Lasan Kromah and PF Isaiah Armwood. Lots of minutes for PG Bryan Bynes (unfortunately) and SF Dwayne Smith. The wildcard is David Pellom, the returning leader in points and rebounds who's been sidelined since June with a wrist injury and is supposed to be practicing with the team the last few days.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
In terms of things to watch out for, it would be passes being thrown away into the stands (we rank among the 20 worst in the country in TO/gm) and three point shots missing the backboard (we are #337 out of 347 teams in 3Pt%).

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
According to a Lenergan tweet, he's starting four freshman and Armwood (who is also a newcomer to the A-10). Best guess is he's starting Kethan Savage at SG instead of Kromah. Making a statement I guess. Kromah has been horrendous shooting the ball this year.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
In terms of things to watch out for, it would be passes being thrown away into the stands (we rank among the 20 worst in the country in TO/gm) and three point shots missing the backboard (we are #337 out of 347 teams in 3Pt%).
It's setting up to be a classic! Bona is coming in red-hot itself.

I'm planning on crossing the bridge to see this one, but I'm not sure I can make it by tip-off. I hope I don't miss any of the excitement. :buddies:

·
Registered
13 Posts
per Mike Lonergan's twitter

Mike Lonergan ‏@MikeLonergan
Excited for start of A-10 season tomorrow! We will start 4 freshmen along with junior transfer Isaiah Armwood. Let's go #GWU!

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Yes, and I think the games are also on their sister station WHDL 1450 am. Gary Nease is an acquired taste.
Luckily, the only way for someone beyond Bradford, PA to acquire that taste is over the internet.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Luckily, the only way for someone beyond Bradford, PA to acquire that taste is over the internet.
Agreed, res. I'm forgetting the name of the radio announcer back in the early 80s when I was at Bonas. We tuned in to the road games on the radio to listen in and, of course, entertain ourselves with the old stand by drinking game. Pick a players' name, and when called on the radio, you had to drink. Back then, Mark Jones or Norman Clarke meant you might not make it to the end of the game.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
The name you are searching for is Don McLean. Many old-timers swear by him, but I was never partial to his call. Great man, though. I was the "Average Fan" interview after a game at the Smith Center sometime around 1980. He then saw Delmar Harrod nearby and ushered me off the air tout suite.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Battle for 13th! Should be a good one. Looking doubtful for Welders.
God I hope Bonas beats Umass. Nothing in my life has made me happier than when Bonas opened the door to the NIT for Umass last year.Lets hope it happens again.:yesyesyes:

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Bonnies have a big edge on the perimeter, GW has big edge inside. Not sure how we will match up when Larsen is in the game. Presumably Garino, out lockdown fresh wing defender would guard conger but that would leave Armwood, the league leading shot blocker defending Johnson or someone smaller on the perimeter.

The other interesting thing is that it's a matchup of strengths and weaknesses. GW is very good defensively, but the Bonnie's have a decent offense. On the flip side the Bonnie's have been bad on d but GW has been abysmal on offense.

I figure wright and Kromah are keys. Wright has been a GW killer and if he's hitting threes (or Mosely) it could be tough for GW to score enough. But Kromah is key the other way. He's getting benched for lack of effort against Georgia - and to give freshman kethan savage a shot - if Kromah responds well (not only does GW need him to defend but he is our only sometimes explosive perimeter scorer) he can make GW a very dangerous team.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts