1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St. Louis

vs

Temple

Records: St. Louis (12-3, 1-0 A 10) / Temple (10-4, 0-1 A 10)
Game time: 6PM EST
TV: ESPNU
Radio: St. Louis 101 ESPN / Temple 1210 AM WPHT

·
Registered
299 Posts
We have to shoot better. That's pretty obvious...

After last night's debacle this has become a huge game for Temple. Hopefully Wyatt redeems himself. I can't see him having two bad games in a row.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Both teams shot pretty last night but Temple was obviously worse. I think it'll be a good game but I'm afraid this is the type of game that could get out of hand early for SLU. Big game for both teams as it could be a key head to head tiebreaker at the end of the season.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
We need this game bad. Good news is we have had success with SLU in the past, bad news is this isn't the past.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Temple 34 SLU 26 Half

Temple with a very solid first half on both ends. Lee, Wyatt, Cummings and Decosey all bringing it so far.

I still worry about a scoring drought. We shot 54% in the first half which is well above our average. These things usually work themselves out...

·
Registered
299 Posts
We still can't shoot and our rebounding is sketchy at best but we're 11-4. Lee and Wyatt were awesome today.

Ultimately though, our problems on offense are going to cost us.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
As an X fan, the first (and only) time I've seen Lee was Thursday. Very impressed.
He works so hard you just can't help but to root for him. Put on weight in the offseason, trained intensely trying to get better, defends with everything he can. I think by senior year he may be a Lavoy type, he just does things the right way in a very quiet, low key game. He has improved from Freshman to Sophmore more than I can really remember at Temple and hopefully he keeps striving for more because he is developing into a really solid player.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
The key for Temple is going to be finding a Robin for Khalif's Batman. It is clear that when Khalif is on this team can hang with anyone but in games where he is not on Temple is going to struggle horribly on offense. We all thought it was going to be Scootie but that just is not working right now. Lee has been that Robin but we need another guard to really step up the scoring and production. O'Brien, Pepper, Scootie, Decosey someone needs to come up big for this team on a consistant basis. I hope we find it soon because we will live or die by Khalif until we do.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
I'm really ticked off about our start. But Temple on the road is a bear. They made the plays they had to make, and Wyatt/Lee were very, very good. That's a good basketball team over there, and Fran is one hell of a coach.

Good luck to the Owls the rest of the way.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I'm really ticked off about our start. But Temple on the road is a bear. They made the plays they had to make, and Wyatt/Lee were very, very good. That's a good basketball team over there, and Fran is one hell of a coach.

Good luck to the Owls the rest of the way.
Thanks and best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. Saint Louis will still be a top contender in the league, not often McCall and Mitchell will shoot a combined 2-17 and you were still in it in the final minutes. I think both SLU and Temple will get better as the season goes on.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
Thanks and best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. Saint Louis will still be a top contender in the league, not often McCall and Mitchell will shoot a combined 2-17 and you were still in it in the final minutes. I think both SLU and Temple will get better as the season goes on.
I've followed Temple since the Macon/Brunson/McKie teams, and if it isn't for the fact that I have always had a "kindred spirit" thing with Charlotte, they'd be my second favorite A-10 team.

Lee played a nice game all the way around. Seems like Khalif Wyatt has been killing us forever as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts