Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<CENTER> @

Phoenix Suns (55-17) vs. Houston Rockets(44-29)
Sunday, April 3rd, 5:30pm

Phoenix Suns

Probable Starting Lineup:

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Quentin Richardson
SF: Joe Johnson
PF: Shawn Marion
C: Amare Stoudemire

Key Reserves:

Jim Jackson
Leandro Barbosa
Steven Hunter
Walter McCarty

Houston Rockets

Probable Starting Lineup

PG: Bob Sura
SG: David Wesley
SF: Tracy McGrady
PF: Clarence Weatherspoon
C: Yao Ming

Key Reserves:

Dikembe Mutombo
Jon Barry
Mike James

Previous Meetings:
Phoenix 108 Houston 98
Friday 11th vs. Houston L 107-127

Key Matchup

vs.

Amare Stoudemire..........................Yao Ming

26.0...............PPG...............18.2
8.60...............RPG...............8.2
1.5...............AST...............0.8
1.00................STL..............0.41
1.57................BLK..............1.87
2.46...............TO...............2.49
56.1%..............FG%...............54.8%
70.5%..............FT%..............77.5%

Amare has consistently had trouble with Yao's post defense this year. Although he has shot 14-38 against Ming he has been able to get to the line. It will be important for Amare to go at Yao early and often and see if he can't get him in foul troubles. It will also be interesting to see if Richardson can contain Mcgrady. Last time these teams met the Rockets one by 20, with Mcgrady lighting it up for 38 points. The Rockets are an extremely good defensive team so this will be a tough game. If the Suns play good D and limit TO's I think they can take this one.

Prediction

Suns 116
Rockets 107

</CENTER>

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Rocket fan:

Ming is a better free throw shooter and blocks more shots (being 8 inches taller)... he's such a better talent than Amare! Wah wah wah....

---------

The Suns are going to eat Ming for breakfast with a side dish of T-Mac and then they'll polish it all off with a tall cool glass of Juwan Juice. The utensil of choice of coarse will be Weatherspoon.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tempe85 said:
Rocket fan:

Ming is a better free throw shooter and blocks more shots (being 8 inches taller)... he's such a better talent than Amare! Wah wah wah....

---------

The Suns are going to eat Ming for breakfast with a side dish of T-Mac and then they'll polish it all off with a tall cool glass of Juwan Juice. The utensil of choice of coarse will be Weatherspoon.
lol.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Houston lost against the Hornets, so...

Phoenix 98
-
Houston 83

Reactions: ChristopherJ

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Rockets will play hard defence in this game but they will not be able to overcome Suns running game.

Prediciton
Suns 112
Rockets 102

Nash 24pts/12ast
Marion 26pts/14reb
Amare 32pts/9reb

·
Registered
533 Posts
should be a good game to see one of the best D's in the L mathup with the best O. my prediction:

suns 116
rockets 107

marion 25/11/4
nash 17pts/13assts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think this will be a close game as Houston has the dynamic duo in Tracy McGrady and Yao. However the depth in the starting lineup Phoenix possess may be too much for the Rockets to handle. It will be a close game but Phoenix will come out on top.
Suns 96
Rockets 93

Marion 24/6/2
Nash 15/1/12
McGrady 25/5/4
Yao 21/10/0

·
Registered
740 Posts
It will be a good matchup no question and i look forward to seeing amare and ming matchup.

my prediction:
suns 99
rockets 89

the suns are just too hot to handle right now the rockets will be overwhelmed.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Juwan Howard definitely will not play,and Ming probably won't play,either.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You got the Rockets' Starting line-up wrong. Most likely the line-up will be Bob Sura, David Wesley, Tracy McGrady, Clarence Weatherspoon(Juwan Howard is still nursing injury) and Dikembe Mutombo(Yao Ming is questionable, hopefully he will play)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hopefully Yoa with play, otherwise I dont think it will be much of a contest but if he doesnt i dont think the rockets have much of a chance.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FirstRocket said:
You got the Rockets' Starting line-up wrong. Most likely the line-up will be Bob Sura, David Wesley, Tracy McGrady, Clarence Weatherspoon(Juwan Howard is still nursing injury) and Dikembe Mutombo(Yao Ming is questionable, hopefully he will play)
Ok thanks I'll change it.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Suns have a total of 6 points with 3 minutes to go in the quarter. Rockets have completely cut off any dribble penetration from the Suns, plus they have gone cold from the field.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
KidCanada said:
Suns have a total of 6 points with 3 minutes to go in the quarter. Rockets have completely cut off any dribble penetration from the Suns, plus they have gone cold from the field.
They got real cold..and the refs arent calling some calls..but they call that charge agaisnt Amre when mike james feet were still moving kinda..I hope they can turn it around in the second half

1 - 20 of 41 Posts