Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center>

Indiana Pacers (7-4) - Los Angeles Clippers (9-3)

Time: 3:30 Eastern
Venue: Staples Center
TV: WB4
Radio: WIBC 1070

Probable Starting Lineup:

Jamaal Tinsley | Freddie Jones | Stephen Jackson | Jermaine O'Neal | Scot Pollard

Key Reserves:

Austin Croshere | Danny Granger | Sarunas Jasikevicius

Probable Starting Lineup:

Sam Cassell | Cutttino Mobley | Corey Maggette | Elton Brand | Chris Kaman

Key Reserves:

Chris Wilcox | Quinton Ross | Daniel Ewing

Indiana Pacers
Home: 5-2
Road: 2-2
Overall: 7-4

Los Angeles Clippers
Home: 5-0
Road: 4-3
Overall: 9-3

Who's Hot?
</center>

- 30 points in last game

- 23.6 ppg in last 5 games

- 23.2 ppg in last 5 games

Injury Report

Pacers-

- Knee
- Achilles

Clippers-

<center>Pacers Fan's Key Matchup:

Elton Brand vs Jermaine O'Neal

Both Jermaine O'Neal and Elton Brand have had superb seasons thus far. Brand is the better defender and rebounder, while O'Neal is the better scorer. With Jeff Foster out, watch for Brand to dominate Indiana on the boards, while also providing tough defense on Jermaine. Whoever wins this matchup should also win the game.

Pacers 92
Clippers 87

·
King George
11,475 Posts
This will probably be a close game, I'm not too positive about it, but I'm going to pick the Pacers.

Pacers 94
Clippers 91

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Predictions for the game:

Ron Artest's wrist does not allow him to play
Stephen Jackson gets benched for the game by Rick Carlisle
Jamaal Tinsley injures his ankle, and will be out for 2 weeks
Jonathan Bender dresses for the game, but then hurts himself in pre-game warm-ups

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
Ron Artest's wrist does not allow him to play
Stephen Jackson gets benched for the game by Rick Carlisle
Jamaal Tinsley injures his ankle, and will be out for 2 weeks
Jonathan Bender dresses for the game, but then hurts himself in pre-game warm-ups
you forgot the pacers getting crashed on their own board and missing way to many FT's ..... ^^

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
back2newbelf said:
you forgot the pacers getting crashed on their own board and missing way to many FT's ..... ^^
What I was posted was supposed to be a joke in the sense of "everything that can go wrong, will". Getting outrebounded, turning the ball over, and missing FT's are given.

·
Registered
993 Posts
HUGE QUESTION:

Will the Pacers see the Clippers as a nobody... or a somebody?

Because we all know that we will win against the best... and lose to the worst. The Clips are playing great this year... and right now are one of the best teams out there. But will the Pacers play up to them... or see them as an easy win and not bring their game? I am gonna call a win for us... they gotta be angry about the loss last night.

93-84 Pacers win... I hope!

·
Registered
993 Posts
P.S. - Will Ron really not be available tomorrow? I thought it would have just been last night off for him... his injury is not serious at all... and we know we are gonna need him for this one.

P.P.S - Man, Cassell is one ewgly MF!

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jermaine7fan said:
P.S. - Will Ron really not be available tomorrow? I thought it would have just been last night off for him... his injury is not serious at all... and we know we are gonna need him for this one.
Nothing is really known about his injury. He's going to have an MRI on it today, and if the results are okay, he should play tomorrow. Although, some posters on other sites said that Slick treated the injury as if Artest would be out a while, so maybe he knows something we don't.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just don't see how a bruised wrist could keep him out long... but those wrists of his do take some serious punishment in the paint this year... might be smart to be cautious.

P.S. - Slick knows alot we don't... that guys been around the Pacers for like 200 years right? :) Gotta love Bobby... He was prolly the nicest... most down to earth fixture around Conseco that I met last year. It did not seem like I was talking to a legend... just an average Joe...

Bobby's the man!

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jermaine7fan said:
I just don't see how a bruised wrist could keep him out long... but those wrists of his do take some serious punishment in the paint this year... might be smart to be cautious.
Whenever I have my wrist bent in an awkward position for a while, it causes some pain, and even hurts for days. I've had a few cramps in my wrist, also, which hurt a lot. I'm sure a sprain, or even a bruise, is really hurting Ron. I've tried playing basketball with my wrist in a lot of pain, and even dribbling is hard, much less shooting.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
I've tried playing basketball with my wrist in a lot of pain, and even dribbling is hard, much less shooting.
Good point... Ron has played through some pretty painful injuries in the past... this has to be hurting him something awful for him to not play through it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Who know's what we'll see, buy I'll guess a win.

Pacers 97

Clippers 94

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
Registered
993 Posts
Pacersthebest said:
Clippers are a good team. With a good winning percentage. So we win :)

95-91 Pacers.
Yeah... but will the Pacers view them as the Clippers throughout history... or the current squad...

Man this is messed up!

We have to be the first team in history that you can judge a win or loss by how good or bad the opposition is... being that we will beat the best... and get beat by the worst. Sad... I just don't know how good a chance we have of winning a 'ship when this is the case. I know that we will be bringing our A game in the playoffs... but it does not speak well to the mentality of our team when we get beat by the worst teams in the league... and whip on some of the best.

We can most definately win it this year... but we need to show a lot more heart to ever be champions.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
99-71 Clippers... this will be an ugly game that, along with a nasty West Coast road trip where we go 2-3 (making us 9-8 on the year), forces Bird and the Don to pull the trigger on a trade. If I were them I'd send Jack to Memphis for Shane Battier. I'd include Pollard for a contract if it would help get it done. Battier would be perfect for our team.

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
absolutebest said:
99-71 Clippers... this will be an ugly game that, along with a nasty West Coast road trip where we go 2-3 (making us 9-8 on the year), forces Bird and the Don to pull the trigger on a trade. If I were them I'd send Jack to Memphis for Shane Battier. I'd include Pollard for a contract if it would help get it done. Battier would be perfect for our team.

gladly i'll take that final score :biggrin: but that won't happen. With Rebraca out, my Clips have absolutely no post presence besides EB, and that being the case, when JO's in and EB's sitting, i expect JO to get the ball and just own Wilcox or McCarty in the post.

EB and JO might be the match up to look for, but IMO tinsley vs cassell will determine the winner. Both these PG's need to get everyone involved and not look to score or start runs. that being said, Cass vs Tinsley is the Key Match-Up imo.

anyways my prediction:
Pacers: 104
Clippers: 97

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
qrich1fan said:
gladly i'll take that final score :biggrin: but that won't happen. With Rebraca out, my Clips have absolutely no post presence besides EB, and that being the case, when JO's in and EB's sitting, i expect JO to get the ball and just own Wilcox or McCarty in the post.

EB and JO might be the match up to look for, but IMO tinsley vs cassell will determine the winner. Both these PG's need to get everyone involved and not look to score or start runs. that being said, Cass vs Tinsley is the Key Match-Up imo.

anyways my prediction:
Pacers: 104
Clippers: 97
If we don't have Artest there is no way that we win this one. We are hurting bad already with Foster out. No way J.O. can battle Brand on the boards alone, so we have to dominate with defense and scoring. I'm calling for a Clipper win.

Reactions: qross1fan

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
absolutebest said:
If we don't have Artest there is no way that we win this one. We are hurting bad already with Foster out. No way J.O. can battle Brand on the boards alone, so we have to dominate with defense and scoring. I'm calling for a Clipper win.
oh wow whens the last time 2 opposing fans have been arguing about how the other team will win? lol

anyways, if Artest is out, yes it will be a toss up, which i still go with Indy. Brand will get his 20/10, like every night, but that's not the game determining stat for Clips, they need Cassell to have a good night, not a 3/16 or 1/10 FG night with like 3 dimes. Brand and Maggette will more then likely get theres, but will Kaman, Mobley, Cassell and the bench be consistent? if they do play well, then yes we might win, BUT, our depth up front is thin and if JO is in with EB out in the beggining of the fourth during Elton's usual rest, then Clips should be in trouble

Either way I will cheer the Clips on!

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Normally I don't predict scores, but I just don't see us pulling it out today. I hope they prove me wrong though and regain some of my confidence.

Clippers: 101
Pacers: 89

1 - 20 of 65 Posts