Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temple 31, GW 23 at the break ... 13-0 Owl run over the final eight minutes of the half ... 12 GW TOs ... Robinson leads Temple with 13.

1. Two bids?

2. Where does GW get seeded if it loses?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Can the Owls hang on? Why do they keep shooting so quickly? Usually when they're down 20 they still take 30 secs to put a shot up.

Up 9, 3:27 to play.

It was pure genius of me to pick the Owls to win the whole thing :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Temple is about to make the A-10 a two bid league.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Of course, you all realize Charlotte made this possible. I have no proof, or anything to back up this statement, but you know it's true. :biggrin:

·
Registered
77 Posts
No URI let them get there confidence back so we should take credit.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I can't believe I picked Rhody to beat the Owls.

The Owls are always giant killers in the tourney, they took out X in the quarters 3 years ago when West was a senior. In fact this game reminds me of that one, the Owls took control and never gave it up.

Congrats Owls!

Now GW gets to worry about their seed.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You wouldnt think with Mardy Collins having a bad shooting game and Temple really, really struggliing from the line they would have a chance...but GW was pathetic offensively. Congrats Owls...deserved win.

·
Registered
488 Posts
How does THAT team lose at home to Fordham by 17... 4 days ago? Really amazing

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has any team won four games to win the A-10s? I thought nobody had, but maybe in recent years somebody has. Yesterday's winners could easily sweep today's games, with, I think, La Salle the least likely to lose.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Lari Ketner said:
Has any team won four games to win the A-10s? I thought nobody had, but maybe in recent years somebody has. Yesterday's winners could easily sweep today's games, with, I think, La Salle the least likely to lose.
Xavier did it two years ago.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thank you TU!!! i haven't sweated that good since 2001, our last trip to the Elite 8!!

If you were Temple who would you rather play in the semis?

·
Registered
2 Posts
All year A-10 teams and played great against GW and then limped along against the other teams. How could the Temple team that played this well - without Collins scoring much have so many bad losses this year?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I dont think this loss hurts GW's seeding too, too bad. I would figure on 3-5, probably the lower 5 seeding. Committee will take into account Pops absence, and losing to Temple, especially if it wins the league tourney, won't be viewed as losing to a nobody. Frankly, a 6 seeding might not be all that bad. You stay out of the bracket with the No. 1 until the Elite 8 matchup. You face an 11 in the first round, maybe a 3 in the second.

While I have rooted for GW this year since I live in DC, I did not want to see them win the league tournament, for obvious reasons. I thought Temple could beat them without Pops, who the Owls really seem to have trouble with. Collins doesnt want his career to end without an NCAA bid.

It will be interesting to see which team exploits this opening. It's there for the taking. Two teams in the NCAAs now, and perhaps four in the NIT. Not bad considering.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Just read the A-10 story on the game. It somehow fails to mention, at least in the first take, that Pops was out. Some of these reporters dont seem to read the game notes.

It also mentions that St. Joe's got drubbed in the tourney two years ago after going undefeated in conference play, though it fails to note that the Hawks then sprinted to the Elite 8. You'd figure people who get paid to report on sports would know something about what they write ...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
WH said:
It will be interesting to see which team exploits this opening. It's there for the taking. Two teams in the NCAAs now, and perhaps four in the NIT. Not bad considering.
yepper, classic case of falling in a pile of pigeon dung and come out smelling like a rose! :banana:

·
Registered
169 Posts
If Temple makes it to the A-10 final, and loses a close game,would it be possible for them to get an at large?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would say this is possible especially if the committe thinks Chaney is retiring after this year.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts