Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Bos8 said:
If Temple makes it to the A-10 final, and loses a close game,would it be possible for them to get an at large?

Doubtful. I just can't see the Selection committee giving the A10 a 3rd bid.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Chaney made four changes (1) Marshall fronts the basket, does not play with his back to the basket (2) Robinson plays along the baseline and pops out to the foul line or the corner (3) Mardy Collins becomes a pure point guard and thinks pass first shot second (4) On defense they are using the 3-2 matchup more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
WH said:
I dont think this loss hurts GW's seeding too, too bad. I would figure on 3-5, probably the lower 5 seeding. Committee will take into account Pops absence, and losing to Temple, especially if it wins the league tourney, won't be viewed as losing to a nobody. Frankly, a 6 seeding might not be all that bad. You stay out of the bracket with the No. 1 until the Elite 8 matchup. You face an 11 in the first round, maybe a 3 in the second.

While I have rooted for GW this year since I live in DC, I did not want to see them win the league tournament, for obvious reasons. I thought Temple could beat them without Pops, who the Owls really seem to have trouble with. Collins doesnt want his career to end without an NCAA bid.

It will be interesting to see which team exploits this opening. It's there for the taking. Two teams in the NCAAs now, and perhaps four in the NIT. Not bad considering.
At this point I want Temple to win. And if you think GW will be that high I'd rather be a 6 than a 5 seed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
gony4983 said:
At this point I want Temple to win. And if you think GW will be that high I'd rather be a 6 than a 5 seed.

Of course i want TU to win as well... but SJU is looking very, very good right now...

going to be a tough game, TU vs. SJU!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats to Temple, they definitely played with fire and intensity today, they seemed to go to the floor for every loose ball, and their defense played great.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
GW's been carrying this league all year and we were proud to do our part once again today by ensuring a second bid :)

Seriously, Temple won't get in if they lose in the final, but it will be somewhat unfair. If they lose in the final, they'll have wins over GW, Maryland, Alabama, South Carolina, Miami (FL) and SJU twice I think. That's a far more impressive crop of wins than, say, Cincinnati (who, like Temple struggled with average to below average A-10 teams) or Syracuse or Hofstra.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Temple lost too many games they should have won. As I noted before, the Owls' 8-8 record in A-10 play is the second worst ever -- the worst being Chaney's first rebuilding year at Temple. Two or three wins in league play and they would almost be a lock right now regardless of whether they won the league tourney.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Lari Ketner said:
Has any team won four games to win the A-10s? I thought nobody had, but maybe in recent years somebody has. Yesterday's winners could easily sweep today's games, with, I think, La Salle the least likely to lose.
And now Xavier has to win on Saturday so they can continue to hold the distinction as the only team in A-10 history to do it.

xu95

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
I want St. Joes to win today because I think Xavier has a better chance against them. But I shouldn't get ahead of myself just yet, Fordham is playing good ball.

xu95

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I can't decide who I'd want to play. The Hawks have been the most consistent team down the stretch of all remaining teams. They have the backcourt quickness to really bother us, while the Owls have the size to bother us. I think in the end it doesn't really matter.

But first things first, we need to take care of Fordham. I'm hoping they have big time jitters, this is uncharted territory for them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was so frustrated yesterday I wanted to reach through the screen and kick GW in their a***s! I know Temple plays an agressive zone, but how many times can you pass the ball back and forth between the guards while everyone else just stands there? Movement away from the ball on offense was non-existent.

Today I see the silver lining for the conference, and I'm psyched we will get 2 into the tourney. I thought Charlotte would be the best second team to have in, but they proved me wrong last night! Now I'm a St. Joes fan for the next 48 hours...

:clap:

·
Registered
266 Posts
GW was not on their game yesterday. Mo Rice was missing shots he could normally make in his sleep. They played like a team with an NCAA bid locked up.

The tournament is now wide open. I'll give X the early edge because of the homecourt advantage, but they're far from a lock.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
BSetMeUp said:
Now I'm a St. Joes fan for the next 48 hours...

:clap:
We are an inclusive group. Welcome.

Say it three times: THE HAWK WILL NEVER DIE; THE HAWK WILL NEVER DIE; THE HAWK WILL NEVER DIE!

LETS GO SAINT JOES (clap clap clap clap) LETS GO SAINT JOES (clap clap clap clap) LETS GO SAINT JOES.

O WHEN THE HAWKS, COME FLYING IN...

Is it 6:30 yet?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Enjoy yesterday's win while you can, Hawks fans. Tonight, Martelli will prove once again what kind of a coach he truly is. Like for example, all of those A-10 championships he won with Jameer Nelson.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts