1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VCU

vs

Rhode Island

Records: VCU (16-5, 4-2 A 10) / Rhode Island (6-12, 1-4 A 10)
Game time: 7PM EST
TV: Cox Sports, Richmond CBS 6, ComCast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
Radio: VCU 107.3 FM / Rhode Island 101.5 FM

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
both teams are coming off 2 loss weeks. Most people are taking VCU but these seem to be the games that URI play well in.

Having said that, i still think VCU wins

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
just like URI's last game and VCU's next game

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
everyone in this league respects rhode island, even in their down years they end up taking down a giant or 2. last year they got dayton and umass. they beat slu earlier in the year.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VCU is giving 11.5 in this game. I know URI isn't that good, but this seems high.

·
Registered
840 Posts
VCU is giving 11.5 in this game. I know URI isn't that good, but this seems high.
I agree, especially if VCU's shooting woes continue. Suprisingly VCU is shooting better in conference play on the road!

It's hard to get a read on VCU because of their style, if Rhody controls the ball it will be under that line. if they turn it over VCU could easily cover. It's a crapshoot.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
the way URI has been Jekyll and Hyde lately, I'm staying away from this line

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
If the Rams can counter the Rams' aggressiveness on defense, then I think the Rams can pull this one out. But if the Rams get physical on the offensive boards – and demonstrate that they really want it more than the Rams do, I would change my prediction to the Rams.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
If the Rams can counter the Rams' aggressiveness on defense, then I think the Rams can pull this one out. But if the Rams get physical on the offensive boards – and demonstrate that they really want it more than the Rams do, I would change my prediction to the Rams.
Agreed. I think it's a 50/50 chance that the Rams win, or lose, this game.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
and 100% the Rams will lose this game

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Rhody may have lost but did cover the spread. Big student turnout helped make it the biggest crowd of the year with 6,632. Fairly impressive number for a 6-13 team coming off a 7-24 season the previous year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts