Saturday, Jan. 21-
L 89-101

Preview

Local TV

Local Radio

Prediction
Pacers 95
Bulls 94

Guess the score and you could win 10,000 points!

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_060322.html
With just 17 games remaining, the Pacers have picked an inopportune time for a slump.

After a 30-point blowout loss in Memphis Tuesday night, the Pacers (33-32) dropped into a tie with Milwaukee for sixth (and seventh) in the East. It was their second loss in a row (by a combined margin of 45 points) and their third in four games.

"It's embarrassing, point-blank," said Anthony Johnson. "Memphis is a good team but we were not ready to play at all. It was embarrassing to be a part of it. … I'm sick to my stomach. Hopefully, guys will look in the mirror, feel embarrassed by it and feel a sense of pride. The Bulls really bring it and we have to be able to match their intensity."

The Pacers have played the last two games like a team waiting for someone else to save the day. Though Jermaine O'Neal has said he is "really close" to returning from a groin injury that has kept him out the past two months, no one player can cure what ails this team. Over the last two seasons, the Pacers are 41-38 with O'Neal in the lineup, 36-33 without.

In their last matchup against a sub-.500 Eastern Conference team clinging to fading playoff hopes, the Pacers came up flat and lost 103-88 at home to Boston. Enter the Bulls, who at 29-38 are ninth in the East. Indiana has struggled with Chicago this season, splitting two meetings (winning 91-89 on the road on Jan. 14 but losing 101-89 at home on Jan. 21). In both games, the Pacers shot below 39 percent, were outrebounded (by a total of 99-75) and their normally productive bench was outscored (95-82). The Pacers also are 13-17 against teams with losing records.

Chicago has lost three in a row but features a defense that ranks first in the league with a .427 opponents' field goal percentage. Offensively, they're fourth in the league in 3-point accuracy (.384). They have a gifted point guard in Kirk Hinrich (17.7 points, 6.4 assists, 4.0 rebounds in the last 36 games) and lethal shooters in Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni (35 points in two games against the Pacers). Though they've lost 17 of their last 18 trips to Indianapolis, that streak came to an end with a victory this season.
TRENDS
Peja Stojakovic had his third double-double in 23 games with the Pacers (13 points, 11 rebounds) in Memphis. He had two in his last 1½ seasons in Sacramento. … Fred Jones has averaged 4.6 points while shooting .250 overall and .188 from the 3-point line in his last seven games. … Johnson has averaged 14.2 points and 5.2 assists while shooting .493 overall in his last 18. … Stephen Jackson has averaged 12.2 points while shooting .315 overall and .188 from the arc in the last five. … David Harrison had his second double-double of the season in Memphis (13 points, 11 rebounds) and third of his career. … Jeff Foster has averaged 11.5 points and 12.8 rebounds while shooting .630 from the field and .733 from the line in the last six. … The team has shot .261 from the 3-point line in the last seven games. … The defense has surrendered averages of 103.0 points and .519 shooting in the last three losses. … The offense has averaged 81.5 points and .374 shooting in the last two games.

KEY MATCHUP

In the Pacers' 91-89 victory over the Bulls on Jan. 14, Tyson Chandler played little, picking up five fouls in four minutes. In Chicago's 101-89 victory on Jan. 21, Chandler started and had 15 points with 14 rebounds as the Bulls dominated the boards 51-35. With the rest of the Bulls largely perimeter-based, Chandler is the lone interior presence and has been playing well for awhile, averaging 11.1 rebounds and 1.48 blocks while shooting .589 from the floor in the last 27 games. If he is able to use his length and athleticism as a disruptive force inside, the Pacers could be in for a long night.

INJURIES

Pacers - F Danny Granger (ankle) and C Scot Pollard (left foot) are probable; F Austin Croshere (concussion) and F Jermaine O'Neal (groin) are out. Bulls - F Luol Deng (eye) and G Chris Duhon (back) are probable; F Darius Songaila (foot) is out.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The big questions are... A.) Will Mr. Glass still have the flu? and B.) Will J.O. suprise us all and play? He has done that in the past. If I were him, I wouldn't be able to watch us any longer.

Bulls 189
Pacers 37

·
Registered
2,876 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have tickets to the game... but am really tired and don't feel like going up to Indy...

If:
A)I didn't have tickets to Reggie's game one week from now...
and
B)Jermaine were playing...

I would go... I really wish they would announce if he is suiting up or not... because if I see him out there ready to go on the TV... you better believe I will hustle my skinny white butt up to Indy :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
jermaine7fan said:
I have tickets to the game... but am really tired and don't feel like going up to Indy...

If:
A)I didn't have tickets to Reggie's game one week from now...
and
B)Jermaine were playing...

I would go... I really wish they would announce if he is suiting up or not... because if I see him out there ready to go on the TV... you better believe I will hustle my skinny white butt up to Indy :biggrin:
Man, I'd love to have tickets to that game. I usually just make the trip out there to go to a playoff game, but I don't know if I'll even do that this year. Even that game against the Suns, with Jermaine back, should be a great game to watch. I am envious of you, bud.

·
6,755 Posts
LOL...When Gill's the one who's been hot, now that's when you know we're in trouble...

I got so mad last nght, that I couldn't bare to see the end...what end really though, the game ended at halftime.... :curse: :curse:

They betta show up tonight, or else it's gonna be another pathetic loss...:no:...

Pacers 91...Bulls 89...

Go PaCeRs!!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
absolutebest said:
Man, I'd love to have tickets to that game. I usually just make the trip out there to go to a playoff game, but I don't know if I'll even do that this year. Even that game against the Suns, with Jermaine back, should be a great game to watch. I am envious of you, bud.
I even have a spare 16th row ticket for it (Reggie's game)... my Dad was gonna go... but found out his trip to Vegas conflicts...

And I thought my dad was gonna use that ticket... so I went and bought some... should have stood pat... but my GF wouldn't have been able to go... had I done that... so she's prolly happy...

·
King George
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jermaine7fan said:
I even have a spare 16th row ticket for it (Reggie's game)... my Dad was gonna go... but found out his trip to Vegas conflicts...

And I thought my dad was gonna use that ticket... so I went and bought some... should have stood pat... but my GF wouldn't have been able to go... had I done that... so she's prolly happy...
I think I would have been a better candidate for the ticket ;)

·
King George
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jermaine7fan said:
Larry... if I had possession of the ticket... not my dad... It'ld be all yours... :biggrin:

Right now I don't know what... if anything he plans on doing with it...
I was joking, your girlfriend is a definately a better choice.

I was pushing my dad to get tickets a couple months ago, I think I got too lazy to remind him.

·
King George
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PaCeRhOLiC said:
I see them sometimes when they play the Nets, and Knicks, but I've never seen a home game...

Go PaCeRs!!!!
Well the atmosphere sure has changed there this year with Reggie gone. I'm sure it's even worse now since we've been playing like **** lately. I wouldn't mind going and booing Jackson a bit.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.