Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<CENTER> vs.

Phoenix Suns (53-17) vs. Philadelphia 76er(35-35)
Wednesday, March 30th, 7:00pm

Phoenix Suns

Probable Starting Lineup:

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Quentin Richardson
SF: Joe Johnson
PF: Shawn Marion
C: Amare Stoudemire

Key Reserves:

Jim Jackson
Leandro Barbosa
Steven Hunter
Walter McCarty

Philadelphia 76ers

Probable Starting Lineup:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Kyle Korver
PF: Chris Webber
C: Samuel Dalembert

Key Reserves:

Willie Green
Aaron McKie
John Salmons
Marc Jackson

Previous Meetings:
Friday 5th @ Philadelphia W 108-98

</CENTER>

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Suns shouldn't have too much trouble with the 76ers. I think we should rest Amare if he's still sore with his ankle injury because I honestly don't think we need him to beat the 76ers. Webber continues to struggle and if our guards can contain AI this should be an easy win.

Prediction

Suns 116
76ers 97

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
KidCanada said:
The Suns shouldn't have too much trouble with the 76ers. I think we should rest Amare if he's still sore with his ankle injury because I honestly don't think we need him to beat the 76ers. Webber continues to struggle and if our guards can contain AI this should be an easy win.

Prediction

Suns 116
76ers 97
You do know that the Sixers have beaten the Suns already this year and they have been heating up as of late because they are finally starting to figure out how to play together. I don't think it's going to be as easy as you make it seem.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ps!ence_Fiction said:
You do know that the Sixers have beaten the Suns already this year and they have been heating up as of late because they are finally starting to figure out how to play together. I don't think it's going to be as easy as you make it seem.
If Webber can make some shots then it has the potential of being a close game. But if Webber continues throwing up bricks like he has been, then I see the Suns winning this one fairly easy. Could be wrong, we'll see tommorow.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
My prediction:

Suns 110
-
Sixers 104

Reactions: ChristopherJ

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
KidCanada said:
If Webber can make some shots then it has the potential of being a close game. But if Webber continues throwing up bricks like he has been, then I see the Suns winning this one fairly easy. Could be wrong, we'll see tommorow.
You do know Suns is the #1 team on the West right now and just because a #8 East team is "hot" right now doesn't mean a whole lot. While I think Philly is better, I don't see why Suns can lose except 1.) Amare doesn't play 2.) We have an off night.

While we are on the topic, it is Webber I am afraid of, not AI. AI can have his game but Webber will give Marion more problems. If Marion is in foul trouble, we may be in deep trouble. Anyway, Suns' bench should step up!

·
Registered
740 Posts
C-webb has been having some trouble finding chemistry with his new teammates and has been shooting badly from the field so offense will likely have to mostly come from Iverson.

Prediction

Suns 114 Phili 102

Iverson 36 points
Nash: 16 points-more importantly 13 assists

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Keep in mind that this game is being played in Phoenix and Philly is six games under .500 on the road. You can count on AI getting 30+ points, even if he has to put up 30+ shots to get them. You can also figure that he will have his share of turnovers as well. So, Phoenix may not keep him from getting his points, but they can work to limit his scoring efficiency. Just make the little guy play defense, if you can get him out of the passing lanes. Phoenix needs to work more on taking care of the ball. Our turnovers have been up lately, and someone like AI will steal you blind if you are not careful.

I'm not takint this game for granted, but I figure that the Suns will prevail, and hopefully cover the vBookie point spread as well.

G-Force

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Suns up 29-24 after the 1st Q. Are tempo isn't as fast as the Nuggets game which has a lot to do with the 76ers solid transition D so far. Without Amare we'll have to keep knocking down open looks and Nash has to watch out he doesn't get into foul trouble guarding AI.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
32-29 Suns. The 76ers transition D is really stifling are tempo right now. We're not getting any fast break points or odd man breaks.

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Qrich tied Dan Majerle record for most threes by Sun in a season, is Qrich on pace to shoot the most 3's in one season.

Qrich has taken the lead most 3 pointers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts