1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xavier

vs

Charlotte

Records: Xavier (11-6, 4-0 A 10) / Charlotte (15-3, 3-1 A 10)
Game time: 7:30PM EST
TV: Fox Sports Net Ohio
Radio: Xavier 700 AM WLW / Charlotte ESPN 730 AM & WLON 1050 AM
Websites: Xavier / Charlotte

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
A white guard who's probably going to kill it from deep against the Niners. If Brothers for Richmond goes 8-11 from 3, I imagine Redford is going to do about as well with what appears to be a better pg setting him up and better post players drawing in the defense that collapses too quickly.

It'll help that it's a home game for Charlotte so that they can play Xavier's guards physically, but I'm much less optimistic about this game than I was a few weeks ago. Xavier seems to be playing better and Charlotte is definitely playing worse (even considering the step up in competition).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fifth A-10 game, fourth time Xavier has been a dog. So far 4-0 (and 4-0 against the spread as X covered as a favorite against GW). Hope to keep it up! Someone who saw Xavier's resurgence coming could have made a nice chunk of money.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
28-27 Charlotte leads at the half, poor Stenger, every time he goes for a dunk or a shot, he gets it rejected.
2 of the 3 were legit blocks. That second one was a hand across his forearm and not even close to a block. Not gonna get that call on the road though.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think Niners are getting some calls, but pretty typical of homecourt advantage.

Xavier looks bad in part because Niners turn every game into an ugly game. Neither team ends up looking good in our games usually. But X is good enough to overcome it. Hope they don't.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nope, in the A10 you aren't even allowed to jog down the court without being called for a charge when someone steps in your way 40 feet from the basket and 20 feet from the ball.
Well, if he's set, it's a charge. I don't think Henry even stepped in, he just stood there. I think they got that one right. There were some other calls you could complain about though, definitely had some homecooking in this game.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, if he's set, it's a charge. I don't think Henry even stepped in, he just stood there. I think they got that one right. There were some other calls you could complain about though, definitely had some homecooking in this game.
Ugly game. Ugly shooting (super credit to Charlotte's D). Ugly reffing. I was watching the internet feed, so no replay. According to Byron Larkin, the X radio color guy, Henry would have been fined $200,000 for that flop if he played in the NBA. I honestly didn't see it, so I don't know if that's the case or a good call.

Tough game for X. I imagine Charlotte has made it look tough for about 15 other teams this year.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts