1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xavier

vs

Duquesne

Records: Xavier (12-9, 5-3 A 10) / Duquesne (7-15, 0-8 A 10)
Game time: 7PM EST
TV: Root Sports Pittsburgh and Time Warner SportsChannel Ohio
Radio: Xavier 700 AM WLW / Duquesne WPGB-FM 104.7
Websites: Xavier / Duquesne

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wow...this game went from being marque, tournament like atmosphere a couple years ago to irrelevent really fast.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
Duquesne, you fooled all of us in the out of conference into thinking you weren't THAT bad.

Now your true colors are showing. I'm not sure if they'll even win a game in conference. Take Xavier and the points.

·
Proud Jayhawk Dad!
1,002 Posts
Duquesne, you fooled all of us in the out of conference into thinking you weren't THAT bad.

Now your true colors are showing. I'm not sure if they'll even win a game in conference. Take Xavier and the points.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Is this game on campus or at Consol? It's young, but Duquesne seems to like playing at Consol. X should win, but if I'm gambling, I take Duquesne to cover. They should play well, and Xavier's not a team that blows people out anywhere, let along on the road. I foresee a late Dukes bucket to cap a 67-60 loss.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Is this game on campus or at Consol? It's young, but Duquesne seems to like playing at Consol. X should win, but if I'm gambling, I take Duquesne to cover. They should play well, and Xavier's not a team that blows people out anywhere, let along on the road. I foresee a late Dukes bucket to cap a 67-60 loss.
Duquense would only be X's third road win of the season (Purdue at beginning of Dec and Bona) so it may even be closer than the 7 pt spread... X isn't good at all on the road, but Duquense is bad. We shall see

·
Registered
134 Posts
31-22 X with 3:04 left in the first half.

Duquesne's game plan is just launching threes. That's the only way they're staying in this game.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Xavier goes on a big run to claw out of a hole, and Duquesne looking like a beaten team at this point. They need to hit some threes if they want to get back in it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Duquesne came out strong in both halves and just flattened out towards the end of both halves. That's what a young team will go through.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Looks like JMart cleared the cobwebs.

Any victory, especially a road win, is nice in this league at this point.

The Dukes made it interesting.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'll take it but besides Fordham X can't play that bad and expect to win. Good news is Martin looks to be coming out of his slump and Philmore is starting to be the guy they thought he was.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Curious whether Duquesne fans think firing Everhart was the right move. He'd sort of lost momentum there and was fielding mediocre teams year after year, but this is one of the worst A-10 teams I've ever seen. Obviously he's partly (mostly?) to blame for this team being awful, but at this point do Duquesne fans think they're going to be better off without Everhart longer term?

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Curious whether Duquesne fans think firing Everhart was the right move. He'd sort of lost momentum there and was fielding mediocre teams year after year, but this is one of the worst A-10 teams I've ever seen. Obviously he's partly (mostly?) to blame for this team being awful, but at this point do Duquesne fans think they're going to be better off without Everhart longer term?
If they had kept Everhart, one would think McConnell and Talley would have stayed, right? I don't know...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Let's not forget that the transfers of McConnell and Talley happened while Everhart was still the coach last year. Something in-house was going on that caused Duquesne to take a closer look and let Everhart go.

Duquesne still hasn't beaten Xavier since the Snuggie Brigade 4 years ago.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts