Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

36-39, Second, Northwest ....... 21-54, Fifth, Northwest

Saturday, April 8th, in the Rose Garden in Portland. Televised on League Pass, KJZZ, and NGW.

..............The Rose Garden, Portland

http://basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=257202
LakerMike05 has the Jazz with a good line here. Go bet some of that UCash on the team to slaughter the Blazers!

Probable Starters

Your Utah Jazz!

Mehmet Okur......................................... Carlos Boozer.................................... Matt Harpring

....................................Andrei Kirilenko ................................ Deron Williams

The Portland TrailBlazers

(This is just speculation; Coach McMillan has been switching players like mad, looking to figure out who's going to still be in Portland come next season. This could be accurate....or not.)

Theo Ratliff......... Viktor Khryapa..........Zach Randolph.... Darius Miles.............. Jarret Jack

The Blazers are only the Blazers, so this should be a gimme--another win to hopefully help put us in the Playoffs. However....The days aren't long past when the Blazers defended the Rose Garden as viciously as the Jazz once defended the Delta Center. Lately, with Nate making his lists for next year, some of that old Portland defense has returned; his guys are playing now for a position on the team in the future. More than anything else, though, the TrailBlazers have nothing to prove and nothing to lose now, so they're dangerous.
Utah's the better team, no question, but always be careful of people who don't have any reason to care anymore. They can be scary.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rednecksbasketball said:
Well obviously this is a must win, but this game worries me. the Jazz have already lost at home to New York and Charlotte, plus the Blazers may want revenge for AK's dunk in the last game.
I can see somebody like Zach doing something dirty to AK. Not a nice thing to think, but there ya go.

Laurie

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rednecksbasketball said:
Him or Darius Miles. both of them are thugs. but atleast Randolph has talent.
But neither of them will probably be in Portland next season (unless Paul Allen's weird little crush on Darius keeps Miles with the Blazers), so neither has any reason to not go all-out on Kirilenko--or anybody.

Laurie

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Rednecksbasketball said:
Him or Darius Miles. both of them are thugs. but atleast Randolph has talent.
Name a cheap shot Randolph or Miles has made against someone on the other team.

Zach is far from a dirty player, so I don't know where you're getting that from. Miles on the other hand is much to lazy to make enough of an effort to put a cheap shot on anyone.

I understand you guys are still stuck on the JailBlazer thing, but at least have some reason behind statements like that.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
Randolph has a history of questionable behavior, at least off the court. Calling him a thug isn't unfounded. As for Miles, his problem is more that he just doen't understand basketball. If he could match his talent level with an equivalent basketball IQ, he'd be a dangerous player indeed.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
Randolph has a history of questionable behavior, at least off the court. Calling him a thug isn't unfounded. As for Miles, his problem is more that he just doen't understand basketball. If he could match his talent level with an equivalent basketball IQ, he'd be a dangerous player indeed.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Krstic All Star said:
I think it's more a case of "doesn't care," rather than "doesn't understand." When he makes an effort, he's solid--but that seldom happens.

Still, not nice watching him go down again tonight. That's the knee he had repaired last time, I think.

Laurie

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
endora60 said:
I think it's more a case of "doesn't care," rather than "doesn't understand." When he makes an effort, he's solid--but that seldom happens.

Still, not nice watching him go down again tonight. That's the knee he had repaired last time, I think.

Laurie
Miles got hurt again? Ouch. Didn't catch that, following the game online... it's a shame.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tince said:
I understand you guys are still stuck on the JailBlazer thing, but at least have some reason behind statements like that.
I'm absolutely not stuck on the JailBlazer thing; I thought it was stupid back when it was thought a "cute" or "funny" thing to say, and after all this time it's really stupid. A few lunatics don't make an entire team bad.

Let's just be kind and say Randolph is an extremely physical player, okay?

Laurie

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
endora60 said:
I'm absolutely not stuck on the JailBlazer thing; I thought it was stupid back when it was thought a "cute" or "funny" thing to say, and after all this time it's really stupid. A few lunatics don't make an entire team bad.

Let's just be kind and say Randolph is an extremely physical player, okay?

Laurie
On offense, Randolph is physical.

He doesn't play defense, so it would be tough to say he's physical on that end of the court. I didn't seem him come close to hurting anyone today.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anybody else notice AK go over to (probably) apologize to Nate for the dunk last time? Very classy move--and McMillan was a gentleman. Nice to see some courtesy and sportsmanship in a league where those things are fading away.

Laurie

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
endora60 said:
Anybody else notice AK go over to (probably) apologize to Nate for the dunk last time? Very classy move--and McMillan was a gentleman. Nice to see some courtesy and sportsmanship in a league where those things are fading away.

Laurie
I noticed, and thought many of the same thoughts you did.

I was surprised to see a player coached by Sloan, and even more so AK47, dunk at buzzer on the road against the worst team in the league. However, I'm sure he didn't mean much by it and was just excited the Jazz have really picked up their play.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tince said:
I noticed, and thought many of the same thoughts you did.

I was surprised to see a player coached by Sloan, and even more so AK47, dunk at buzzer on the road against the worst team in the league. However, I'm sure he didn't mean much by it and was just excited the Jazz have really picked up their play.
Yeah, sometimes they just get pitched a tad high; I'm sure Kirilenko meant no insult to the Blazers or Nate...and it's very nice that McMillan simply accepted the apology and let it go. I can think of a couple of NBA coaches who wouldn't have.

Laurie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.