Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That game should of been better tonight. But I knew with both teams playing in different cities yesterday there would be a lack of energy. Oh well. The regular season dont mean much anyways.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Letdown is a vast understatement.

2 points through the first 8 minutes. Then all those thurnovers. But, it had to come to an end sometime.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Awful game!
The Pacer played really bad & still won by what seemed like 20 pts.

Worst game of the year for Memo.
Game MVP for Detroit was Corliss.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Such a sloppy game all the way around, very hard to watch.

The Pistons just had dead legs, not just because of the back to back, but 6 games in 8 days (thank you NBA :rolleyes: ).

Horrible shooting, horrible focus, horrible officiating, just a hard game to draw any entertainment from.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
you cant be too upset guys. You just came off a huge winning streak. I agree though, you guys must have been pretty tired out there on the court after all those games. I just hope you dont go on another crazy win streak, or you could take the lead in the east away from us.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
you cant be too upset guys. You just came off a huge winning streak. I agree though, you guys must have been pretty tired out there on the court after all those games. I just hope you dont go on another crazy win streak, or you could take the lead in the east away from us.
Not if you keep winning, too.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Tonight was awful we are lucky we didn't lose by fifty. The bad shooting I understand they are a very good defensive team and we def had tired legs with this being our 6 game in like 8 nights but the turnovers were unexcusable. You aren't going to win many games in this league with 20+ turnovers.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!

The Pistons just had dead legs, not just because of the back to back, but 6 games in 8 days (thank you NBA :rolleyes: ).
The thing that really upsets me about the 6 games in 8 days, is that the week before we'll have 3 games in 7 days. Doesn't make sense.

Pacers outplayed us though... Reggie Miller had a flashback.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
At least we know from watching this game that there is no love lost between corliss and ron artest. I would bet good money that the next time the pistons and pacers play those two are going to end up in fist fight. It would be a good fight Corliss I believe is stronger but Artest is quicker.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!
At least we know from watching this game that there is no love lost between corliss and ron artest. I would bet good money that the next time the pistons and pacers play those two are going to end up in fist fight. It would be a good fight Corliss I believe is stronger but Artest is quicker.
They'll have a while to think about, they don't meet again till April 4th.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Artest is a great player, but I was really discouraged by how much he's started to imitate Reggie Miller with his constant acting and whining, he's too good for that kind of stuff.

After Corliss got a tech for Ron's little acting job he should have hit him for real, if you're going to get a tech at least get your money's worth.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
tough loss, but what can you say, I think that they played so hard to beat san antonio that it was tough to come back and do the same to Ind, i mean you don't even have a schedule like that in the playoffs

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sports science has shown that the first skills to go from the effects of fatigue are those last learned. It's not surprising that when tired, worn down and met with a hungry and relentless opponent, the Pistons reverted to all their former bad habits. Memo played soft, Tayshaun went totally passive, Billups dribbled too much and Rip drove wildly to the hole. The crisp ball movement and execution that carried the team through the streak vanished, and all that is weak in this team came to the fore.

I don't worry too much about it overall, since this was bound to happen at the end of such a brutal stretch. However, it was troubling how completely helpless the Pistons were against O'neal. I don't think any of the players currently in our rotation can match up against him, and unless Darko (the only player on the roster with the physical capability of matching O'neal's mix of length and freakish quickness) develops faster than anyone has right to expect him to, that inability to physically match JO will probably lead to our exit from the playoffs this spring.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JustinSane</b>!
I don't worry too much about it overall, since this was bound to happen at the end of such a brutal stretch. However, it was troubling how completely helpless the Pistons were against O'neal. I don't think any of the players currently in our rotation can match up against him, and unless Darko (the only player on the roster with the physical capability of matching O'neal's mix of length and freakish quickness) develops faster than anyone has right to expect him to, that inability to physically match JO will probably lead to our exit from the playoffs this spring.
Yup... I don't see why it's any questioning who leads this team. It's clearly J.O.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well, I cannot say I am not disappointed, but I also can say I'm not shocked. You have to give credit to the Pacers, they were the cause of our bad game (not we played bad). They were forcing turnovers, hitting shots to end our runs, and played overall solid defense. So credit Detroit for the 13 straight games, but credit the Pacers for being better than we were yesterday.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I didn't get the game up here, but kept tuning in for updated scores on the sportsnetwork. I saw the halftime score and was really excited until I noticed that I had mixed up the scores, and then noticed that Detroit only scored 9 points in the first quarter.

Is that the lowest we scored in a quarter this year?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think it was, for a while it looked like we were going to set a new franchise record.

Although I would have been disappointed no matter how well the Pistons played if they still lost, this game was particularly bad. Except for a brief run at the end of the 1st half, we were completely inept. Indiana (with the exception of Reggie Miller) didn't even play that good, we were just horrible. They have a chance to redeem themselves on Friday...a win at Minnesota would be huge.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Booo, who put all these hard teams on our schedule. :grinning:
Congrats Indy, they seem to have our number. And Rip and Bill's number as well. The Pacers are picking up :p {Excuse the bad joke}

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Corliss Williamson was the only player to show up. Rip, Billups, and Tayshaun have to do better if we are to have any realistic shot at beating the Pacers.

21-80 = 26%

That's Rip and Chauncey's shooting percentage against the Pacers this season. Shooting like that combined with 20+ turnovers will get you a loss on most nights and it'll most definitely get you a loss against one of the best teams in the league.

Jermaine O'neal really worries me... This guy is a beast and is only going to get better. We have to find a way to slow him down. Double down as soon as he touches the ball, anything... but something has to be done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts