Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
3,764 Posts
UMass-Lowell will get another win at an A-10 school this Monday. It faces a 2-7 URI team that has already lost at home to Quinnipiac, Texas State, and Brown. There was a lot of turnover in the Rhody program with the coaching change and this season's team appears headed toward being one of the school's worst ever. Archie Miller has a big rebuild on his hands.

· Registered
9,951 Posts
UMass-Lowell will get another win at an A-10 school this Sunday. It faces a 2-7 URI team that has already lost at home to Quinnipiac, Texas State, and Brown. There was a lot of turnover in the Rhody program with the coaching change and this season's team appears headed toward being one of the school's worst ever. Archie Miller has a big rebuild on his hands.
Is URI becoming a football school?😮

· Registered
3,764 Posts
Is URI becoming a football school?😮
No.

The rebuild for Miller is turning out to be far bigger than had been thought. I had low expectations for this season but hoped better coaching would result in somewhere near the .500 mark. This team however may not even reach a double digit win total. It is historically bad by Rhody standards. There was a lot of turnover with the roster (including Antoine Walker to Bryant) with the coaching change. Miller's year out of coaching was likely hurt with the transfer market as he was not as attuned and connected to the player recruitment process. The result is that URI lacks needed talent and experience. Miller seems to be be trying to build a culture and system first and not worrying about the W/L record. He is taking the long term approach to building a program. It may however take more time than first anticipated.

· Registered
962 Posts
UML is 37 in NET right now! Crazy! A win against them on the road would be a Quad 1 win. I can’t remember seeing that with an AE team before.
I highly doubt that will hold by the time conference play comes around. UVM's been ranked in the top-30 NET rankings previously this early in the season before things settle out and they quickly drop to the 70-100 range.

I mean UMass-Amherst is only ranked 97 in today's ranking (which is supposedly Lowell's best win so far).

Either way, it's great for the conference. Decent improvement with UNH and UMaine, but boy Albany really needs to get their act together to get the competitiveness of the conference up to an acceptable standard. My goal for this season is that UML keeps up their pace, dog fight between UVM and UML in the regular season, then in the championship game UVM wins for the standard 13-seed and Lowell gets an at-large bid as an 11-seed in one of the play-ins.

· Gr8t Dane
924 Posts
I highly doubt that will hold by the time conference play comes around. UVM's been ranked in the top-30 NET rankings previously this early in the season before things settle out and they quickly drop to the 70-100 range.

I mean UMass-Amherst is only ranked 97 in today's ranking (which is supposedly Lowell's best win so far).

Either way, it's great for the conference. Decent improvement with UNH and UMaine, but boy Albany really needs to get their act together to get the competitiveness of the conference up to an acceptable standard. My goal for this season is that UML keeps up their pace, dog fight between UVM and UML in the regular season, then in the championship game UVM wins for the standard 13-seed and Lowell gets an at-large bid as an 11-seed in one of the play-ins.
While I'm in the camp that even with the losses of Neely and Little this UA team should be much more competitive than it has been. This schedule is WAY too hard for a team with this little D1 experience. With that in mind, don't expect UA to see it's rankings rise much over the next few weeks and the remainder of the OOC. Only one of the next 5 games are they favored ([email protected]), 3 of the remaining 4 all look to be double digit losses (Providence, Loyola Chicago, Virginia) with the other being Northern Illinois who is only favored by 7.

UA has some talent and can hopefully be respectable in conference if they take this next stretch as a learning experience and don't let blowout losses kill their mindsets, but I'd expect their rankings to go down before going back up.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts