Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to an Aug. 13 report in the Minneapolis Star Tribune, forward Kevin Garnett is willing to take one of the biggest pay cuts in pro sports history. "My understanding is, we don't have a deal yet but it's all been positive," team owner Glen Taylor said. "I wouldn't be comfortable saying we're going to get a deal this year, but I don't think we've hurt ourselves. It's all been at a high level." Garnett is earning $126 million as part of a multi-year contract, is eligible for a four-year, $139 million extension. But the Wolves are believed to be discussing a more modest amount of $75 million or less for the four-year extension, the Star Tribune reported, with the idea that the five-time All Star's new salary would track current NBA standards and allow the team more salary-cap flexibility. Neither Garnett nor his agent could be reached for the story. So the Timberwolves might be able to trade for Damon Stoudamire, Latrell Sprewell, and Jerry Stackhouse this offseason or next. Post on what your thoughts are.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twolvefan11</b>!
According to an Aug. 13 report in the Minneapolis Star Tribune, forward Kevin Garnett is willing to take one of the biggest pay cuts in pro sports history. "My understanding is, we don't have a deal yet but it's all been positive," team owner Glen Taylor said. "I wouldn't be comfortable saying we're going to get a deal this year, but I don't think we've hurt ourselves. It's all been at a high level." Garnett is earning $126 million as part of a multi-year contract, is eligible for a four-year, $139 million extension. But the Wolves are believed to be discussing a more modest amount of $75 million or less for the four-year extension, the Star Tribune reported, with the idea that the five-time All Star's new salary would track current NBA standards and allow the team more salary-cap flexibility. Neither Garnett nor his agent could be reached for the story. So the Timberwolves might be able to trade for Damon Stoudamire, Latrell Sprewell, and Jerry Stackhouse this offseason or next. Post on what your thoughts are.
I dig the article but that wouldnt really be a pay cut. This is stating if he was to resign with them it would be considerably less than the contract he just played out so yeah it would be a pay cut but that would be a few yers from now

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Good guy looking to truly win, very refreshing. I hope though he signs some clause if the team doesn't use the money he either gets back to his old level plus some, can demand a trade or be a free agent.

I hate to see teams like the Clippers (cheap) and the Twins from basecall (teams that collect money from revenue sharing and don't put it towards their team).

-Petey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts