·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who do u think is better.

·
Registered
304 Posts
We´ve already had one such thread quite recently...and once again, it depends on what your team requires. This season, KG is clearly better. Duncan ahs better career averages. An important factor in Duncan´s success was Robinson. Now he doesn´t have Robinson, and his game is not at the level it was 2 years ago. As for MVP discussion. KG should have won it last year, but because Duncan´s team had a better record Duncan got it. This year Twolves look very impressive, I have no reason to doubt theat they won´t finish #1 in Midwest. If you have been checking the NBA monthly and weekly awards, you would have noticed KG already grabbed 4 Weekly and 2 monthly awards...versus none by Duncan. I would say Duncan is better at what he does, using his physical strength in the low-post but KG has better overall skills. If they played 1-on-1 I´m pretty sure KG would win. KG is better at making a crappy team good(like last year), Duncan is better at making an already good team, invincible, simply because he plays like a "pure PF", whereas KG can pick up the slack at any position, i.e PG last year, averaging 6.0apg...This year he has Cassell at PG and doesn´t cover that spot as much, hence only 5.2apg...

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Garnett is the best this season, but if you compare their careers so far: Duncan.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The only reason for Duncan being better is his tem success. Some people think because of that he's a better player, I disagree, but if that's all that matters to you, Duncan would have to be the better player. Not this year though, but Duncan doesn't have as much help, so he gets the advantage this year too. That's the argument people use. I think KG is much better, but you'll find people on both sides.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You HAVE to go with Garnett here. The only reason the career numbers point in Duncan's favor is because he came to in the league matured. Garnett came straight out of high school and had to prove himself to gain more minutes, which hurt his career averages.

Either player cannot help the teammates they were shackled with, and I think we'll see what the Timberwolves and Garnett can accomplish this season.

The shot blocking skills are equal, while I believe Garnett to be a better rebounder, defender, passer and scorer. AND despite the listed heights, Garnett is actually taller than Duncan.

Garnett, without question.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Kobe or Tmac?

Carmelo or Lebron?

haha, Duncan vs. KG is quite played. I'd choose Duncan, hes been there, got the MVPs, got the titles, got all the talent, and hes an unbelievable player. Both guys have the ability, but Duncan has the championship experience.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Answer - Duncan

Reason - 2 MVPs, 2 Rings.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
rings, ring, rin, bla, bla, bla, bla

Who would I want?

Garnett

Who has more talent? (i know fundamentals are talent too)

Garnett

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
rings, ring, rin, bla, bla, bla, bla
Don't forget the 2 MVPs and the 2 Finals MVPs also (the first one his 2nd year in the league.)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

Don't forget the 2 MVPs and the 2 Finals MVPs also (the first one his 2nd year in the league.)
The two mvps and two rings are a result of being on the better team and happening to be the best player on the team as well. Now the scrip is flipped, so we will see whats happens.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TyGuy</b>!
The two mvps and two rings are a result of being on the better team and happening to be the best player on the team as well. Now the scrip is flipped so we will see whats happens.
True, but we'll see if Garnett can get into the 2nd round on his, what 6th, 7th try? There's certainly no excuse for him not to get to the 2nd round this year.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Everyone is gonna choose the player they would want on a team they were coaching more. It's not really about who is better, it's about personally preference, I believe. I consider them pretty equal, but I pick Duncan for his team play, maturity, and fundamentals.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TyGuy</b>!
The two mvps and two rings are a result of being on the better team and happening to be the best player on the team as well. Now the scrip is flipped, so we will see whats happens.
Spurs are like 2 games back or less from the Twolves despite Duncan missing games and being hurt at the beginning. Duncan could end up with the better team again despite all the struggles, the seasons only about half over. Spurs usually turn it on in the 2nd half of the season as well, so you never know. That 2 game gap could close by the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Tim Duncan.

its all bout' the bling bling.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Originally posted by <b>macro6</b>!
Tim Duncan.

its all bout' the bling bling.
Yeah but Tim Duncan is not gonna win any bling bling this season! He's not doing anything extraordinary so far. Garnett's acting like an MVP again, even with Sam Cassell and Latrell Spreewell on his team! He's putting up HUGE numbers and has the T-Wolves in second place in the west!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
KG is having a monstrous season.

But Duncan is still the best player in all of basketball today, and in the last 2-3 years.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Absolutely ludicrous. I can't see how someone could take Tim Duncan over Kevin Garnett. Yeah, the Minnesota Timberwolves may have failed in the playoffs multiple times, but one person doesn't carry an entire team.

Also, in my opinion, Duncan should not have won the MVP award last year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The question was: "Who is better?" , not "Who has been better?" So carrer averages are completely irrelevant...As for the MVP discussion, you have to be nuts to say Duncan has a better chance than KG this year(based on performance so far) And the fact that KG has increased his numbers(all except assists) after the acqusition of Cassell and Spree means he´s performing a lot better than last season, because usually when a team gets stronger the personal stats of individuals go down. 50 games played: 4 player of the week awards + 2 player of the month awrds. Do I need to say more?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Also, in my opinion, Duncan should not have won the MVP award last year.
I second that.

So that might be promoting KG to do better than he did last year to grab that big honor. Still, KG is having an awesome season. He's one of versatile player, and could be clutchy player sometimes but I ever wonder if TD is like that?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Spurs are like 2 games back or less from the Twolves despite Duncan missing games and being hurt at the beginning.
Lets not forget that the Wolves have been without:
1. their starting center (Kandi) for most of the year.
2. Former all-star Wally Szczerbiak all season
3. back up point guard troy hudson most of the year (who could start for many teams).

So I find it amazing that the wolves are 2 games ahead of the spurs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts