Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just read it on hoopshype.knicks making an offer he repordedly wants to get out so bad hes privatley shopping him self.here is the page at the top.http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
we should take a swing at him for Z-bo and Miles.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Knicks arent offering enough to get him

they're offering

Hardaway and AD

and if he dosent want to play in Minnesota what makes u think he wants to come to 1-9 Portland or whatever their record is

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ny has a same record as us or very close.If u read the website itll tell u.He repordetly wants out because of some of the moves by mgmt.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
siK_sTyLeZz said:
Knicks arent offering enough to get him

they're offering

Hardaway and AD

and if he dosent want to play in Minnesota what makes u think he wants to come to 1-9 Portland or whatever their record is
3-5

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
siK_sTyLeZz said:
depending on what talent they'd have to give up, better talent mostly. And an owner who's willing to spend a fair amount more.

and the team is 3-5 "or whatever their record is". :rolleyes:

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Zidane said:
just read it on hoopshype.knicks making an offer he repordedly wants to get out so bad hes privatley shopping him self.here is the page at the top.http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
we should take a swing at him for Z-bo and Miles.
Minnesota would - and should - laugh at that offer.

Plus, trading Randolph is incredibly difficult because of his BYC status, but here's a shot at what I think it might take to get KG:

Randolph
Miles
Telfair
Webster
Monia
Portland's 1st round pick in 2006 (unprotected)

for

Garnett
Anthony Carter
Ronald Dupree
Bracey Wright
Dwayne Jones

Or something similar.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Storyteller said:
Minnesota would - and should - laugh at that offer.

Plus, trading Randolph is incredibly difficult because of his BYC status, but here's a shot at what I think it might take to get KG:

Randolph
Miles
Telfair
Webster
Monia
Portland's 1st round pick in 2006 (unprotected)

for

Garnett
Anthony Carter
Ronald Dupree
Bracey Wright
Dwayne Jones

Or something similar.
that'd be a bad trade. The Blazers would decimate their team for a player thats not (realistically) the best player in the game.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I don't understand how New York is involved in almost every single rumor... actually Pete Vescey probably has something to do with it.

Anyway, Penny and AD for Garnett? Is Minny really that desperate for cap space? C'mon, they'd be left with Wally Szczerbiak and...??? At least an offer of Zach and Miles would be some bodies in return who can actually play.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Hap said:
that'd be a bad trade. The Blazers would decimate their team
Can you decimate something that has already been decimated?

Yes, I guess you can: "Decimate originally referred to the killing of every tenth person, a punishment used in the Roman army for mutinous legions. "

barfo

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Garnett needs(& probably wants) to go to a contender, not a rebuilding project....that's partly why he wants out of Minnesota, the team is NOT a contender & he's getting older, to a point where he wants to be on a winning team, ready to win NOW, not 5 yrs down the line.

There's all kinds of rumors everywhere....I read one where Indiana might trade Jermaine O'Neal & someone else for him. It would make more sense if he was traded out of the NW division, or out of the WC to the EC. Minnesota could get lots of talent out of trading him now though. Who from, who knows.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I think Portland could be a great 3rd party in a Garnett trade. We would not be recieving KG, but I could see us sending out big contracts to Minny for picks from another team.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Backboard Cam said:
If someone has to die, I think it should be Blake. Sorry Steve.
But if we are truly decimating our team and we have 15 players that means we need to lose 1 and a half players. I think Ha has enough to spare.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
the funny thing about players demanding to be traded to a contender is..in most cases, the teams that ARE contenders, can't trade for them.

Who can the :

Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Pistons and Pacers trade that won't deplete their team?

Or in the case of the Lakers, who can they trade period, that would get them Garnett?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Theo and Zach works out pretty well.

Man, with Garnett, Miles, Pryz, and Outlaw out on the floor there would be arms everywhere.
Portland could really benefit from bringing in a star like Garnett. Although, trading Zach wouldn't exactly make Nash look like he is following his plan.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Hap said:
the funny thing about players demanding to be traded to a contender is..in most cases, the teams that ARE contenders, can't trade for them.
the Heat decimated their team (except for Wade) to get Shaq, and it made them a contender last year.

I'd do the deal Storyteller lists, although I'd keep Telfair and Webster, but I'd give up Outlaw and Khryapa.

I don't really see Minnesota doing any deal with us, though. Why would they want most of the key guys on a 25 win team? If you trade Garnett, you have to get at least an All Star in return, plus a promising you guy or two.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
theWanker said:
the Heat decimated their team (except for Wade) to get Shaq, and it made them a contender last year.
for starters, Shaq's trade was a little different kettle of fish. Secondly, the team isn't leaving a Wade on the team. His trade suggestion includes *both* Zach and Darius, and goodly chunk of players in addition. Telfair, Webster and Monia. Sure, they're basically 3 unprovens, but you've taken away any scorer PLUS any players you got to prime the pump.

Sure, a lineup of KG, Theo (or Joel) and Jack would be nice..but it still leaves us incredibly weak at the SG spot, and with almost no bench (outside of maybe Viktor).

So while our best player would be better, we'd be in the same boat that the Twolves are in now (actually, worse..having no Wally Zszbfbiriack). What good would that do for us?

We'd have no outside shooters, which makes his game harder...we'd have no decent PG..which makes his game harder..we'd have no decent SG..which...well, you get the idea.
I'd do the deal Storyteller lists, although I'd keep Telfair and Webster, but I'd give up Outlaw and Khryapa.

I don't really see Minnesota doing any deal with us, though. Why would they want most of the key guys on a 25 win team? If you trade Garnett, you have to get at least an All Star in return, plus a promising you guy or two.
depends on what they're being offered. You're telling me Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant are the best the lakers could get for Shaq?

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Hap said:
depends on what they're being offered. You're telling me Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant are the best the lakers could get for Shaq?
are you saying that LA didn't take the best offer available for Shaq? why would they do that?

anyway, as dreadful as we'd be, we'd probably win more games than we do now. he's somewhere between the second and fifth best player in the league, and seven footers who are that good almost never have 25 win seasons. Garnett would give us a chance at the 8th seed.

as for the future, well, we'd likely progress at a much faster rate than the Twolves did up until two years ago. the penalties they suffered with the Joe Smith debacle, plus the premature loss of Terrel Brandon, were enormous catastrophes for any team.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts