Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
58,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...19,0,6127153.column?coll=ny-sports-columnists

The Timberwolves and Garnett have said they are committed to each other, but there are signs that pact is waning. A week ago, with his team in the midst of what is now an eight-game losing streak, Garnett laid into his teammates for not striking the proper attitude after a loss to the Suns.

"I don't sign anybody's checks, but you have to be committed and ready to play," said Garnett, who was the league MVP just two seasons ago when the Timberwolves posted a franchise-best mark of 58-24.

Among those rumored to be gearing up for a run at Garnett are the Bulls, Pacers, Knicks, Clippers, Warriors and Lakers. That being said, perhaps Phil Jackson wasn't being completely altruistic when he gave this assessment of watching Garnett labor on a horrible team this season.

Said Jackson: "It takes a toll on a player. I don't know what's happening entirely, but you watch a great player have a situation like that, there's a lot of sympathy."
I know we have talked about KG for a long time. But this reporter states once again that we will make a pitch to try and trade for Garnett.

The only way we can be successful in getting him is if we do not trade away the entire team. We should not become the T-Wolves of the east. Just look at Minnesota right now.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
That being said, perhaps Phil Jackson wasn't being completely altruistic when he gave this assessment of watching Garnett labor on a horrible team this season.

Said Jackson: "It takes a toll on a player. I don't know what's happening entirely, but you watch a great player have a situation like that, there's a lot of sympathy."
Why not just write "I'm really a Laker fan who loves Kobe and is sick of him being exposed as a guy whose teams win jack without Shaq. I wish Garnett would end up on the Lakers so that they can win and I can jock Kobe sickeningly every day in my columns. God Lakers, please get Kobe. Please!!"

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
The ROY said:
forget garnett

go after bosh (no matter how un-doable it may be)
Man didn't you know? Garnett, Wade, Bosh... whoever it may be "They'd never come here" "we can't get them." The Chicago BULLS, yes, Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls have been turned into something where the teams own fans think, in the 3rd largest market, with shoe companies offering incentives for their endorsers to play here, that we're automatically out for just about anyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just discussed this very matter with this guy:

He and I both agreed that there is absolutely NO WAY that Garnett leaves Minnesota. He's that entire franchise, basically. He has very little reason to leave. He thrives there, and that's all that counts.

RIGHT?!

RIGHT!! :banana:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.