Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Warriors could give up a soon-to-be All-Star (Richardson), a shooting forward with Midwestern appeal (Murphy, a Notre Dame product), either Diogu, Andris Biedrins or Chris Taft and a couple of No. 1 picks.

As an added bonus, the Warriors could offer to take back the chunky long-term salaries of Trenton Hassell and Mark Madsen and give Minnesota Adonal Foyle, if it wants a center.

It could definitely work under salary-cap rules, and nobody in the East Bay should be worried about the $66 million Garnett is owed through the 2008-09 season, which is also the length of Davis' deal.

A projected Warriors post-trade lineup: Garnett, Biedrins, Mike Dunleavy, Mickael Pietrus and Davis. With possibly Taft, Hassell, Zarko Cabarkapa, Madsen and Derek Fisher coming off the bench.

Mullin would be crazy not to offer that deal or something similar, and Mullin isn't crazy. Of course, after failing to land Jamaal Magloire, he could also be in the market for Toronto's Chris Bosh.

But Garnett is everybody's top target and Mullin relishes being the hot market's gutsiest bidder.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/columnists/tim_kawakami/13230141.htm

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
KG at the end of last season, "I'm a warrior". We should've seen it coming!!!

:sour:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Something inside makes me a bit alarmed.

Maybe it's the J-Rich/Murphy/Diogu/couple of 1st round picks part.

·
Registered
614 Posts
just someone who needs to fill in a huge space in the sporting green

i hate it when we talk about trade possibilities

the only ones that actually comes true is the ones that the papers don't mention

ala Baron Davis

or am i wrong?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I wouldn't do it JRich leaving no way and some other players to get KG. We would really suck and not be a playoff team. I say don't do it. It would be nice to have him though.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I really hope this will not happen. I want to see what Diogu can do. No way I would not make the trade. :curse:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I heard that the Wolves declined this offer a week ago, which is no shock. Wolves aren't trading Garnett anyways.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Many league executives feel there are seven teams - in no particular order - with the resources to acquire Garnett, who can exercise an early termination clause in his contract in two years. The Knicks, Nets, Pistons, Lakers, Bulls, Pacers and Warriors figure to have the best chance of landing Garnett, if and when he becomes available."

-New York Daily News
We have the young players to get it done, but I wonder if we would have to gut the team to do it.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
As much as i would hate to break up the team we have now, Garnett is the best in the league IMO. There are only a handful of players in this league that i would gut a team for and KG is absolutely one of them.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
All I will say is the Warriors do have excessive pieces to work out a blockbuster deal for KG, whether it is directly (like the Kawakami scenario) or indirectly (Like a 3-way with NY involved).

·
Registered
5 Posts
As much as I like KG, I think it's a little too early to be looking for a trade. The Warriors are 7-6, and people want to trade two of the five starters, a rookie that really looks promising that hasn't even been tested yet, and some future number one draft picks?

That's a little premature, in my opinion.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Garnett is a beast. a monster if you will in the NBA. he would bring so much popularity back to the golden state warriors that hasn't been seen since 92. other than fans, how much would his team leading points rebounds steals and assists help our young core. it seems a pretty easy choice for any squad in the nba to want garnett no matter what cost. few have trade values talent wise equal to him. i can only think of 4.

why does this possible trade make me feel weird then? i think i'm too happy with the warriors right now. plus losing my two favorite warriors today AND the prospect.

but dk's right. this trade is most likely not going to happen. these trade threads never seem to follow through anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts