Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pat Garrity stays

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Garrity has signed a 5 year contract to stay with the Magic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was just reading the article on the magics homepage at nba.com on resigning garrity. it said he was acquired wit manning and 2 future 1st's for penny. i know one of the picks was for this yr which was given back to the suns in the bo outlaw deal, but i dont remember the magic using up the other pick. do the suns still owe the magic another 1st round pick??? if so how much is it protected?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Does that mean they're going to give up on the dream of landing Duncan? Because if they do, they can get Keon Clark now (I think he'll go to Orlando if they offer the midlevel to him)... which would be exactly what they need.

·
Registered
119 Posts
5 years is a long contract for a player that will be relegated to bench duties for the rest of his career.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Every team needs a deadly shooter. Garrity is one of the best at that. He was a huge reason for Orlando's success last season.

And he has gotten better every year. Last season he got better at putting the ball on the floor, pump-faking into mid-range jumpers, and rebounding the ball.

He's got a mean streak, if he were more athletic he could be a real nice starting PF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts