Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trent/Stepania

If you go down to the bottom of the page, there is a paragraph about an incident that apparently took place after the most recent Minnesota/Portland game. To sum it up, Gary Trent went to the Blazer locker room to say hello to old teammates, then saw Stepaina, who had fouled Trent "hard" during the game. Trent cursed out Stepania but was restrained, and he came back a couple more times after him. Then the NBA questioned Stepania about the incident.

I just thought it was interesting that a Blazers player was actually a victim of stupid behavior this time around. Another interesting note is that is says no other Blazer stepped in to help out Stepania. One more interesting thing, why wasn't this mentioned before? If the roles were vice-versa, meaning Trent was on Portland and Stepania was on Minnesota, then I guarantee this would have been publicly mentioned, and the media would be talking about the "thuggish" the Blazers are.

Thoughts?

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Yet it is a former Blazer whos behavior is always linked to the character flaws that Bob Whitsitt seemingly ignored.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
That's just one reason why Trent is no longer with us and why nobody wanted him this year until Garnett begged McHale to sign him. He's a trouble maker, but a tough player and Garnett wanted some more toughness on that team.

Of course, now thay have "Choker" Sprewell.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm sure the media would somehow twist the event and it would be the Blazers fault. This is the first I have heard of this. I wonder how long it would have been if the roles were reversed here....about a few minutes.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Man, if no blazer went to help out their teammate(Stepania), i hope we get rid of them all.

I just hope it wasnt a race thing where some black people didnt wanna help out the white player who was fighting with their friend

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Perhaps it shows maturity in that the situation was handled before there was a need to step in.

The guys know the drill....maybe they knew that things were under control and chose to let Trent look the fool.

For me it is a good sign that they didn't do anything.

Besides-Vlade is a tough cookie. He can handle it. :grinning:

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
thats what i was hoping too

stepania doesnt seem like the type of guy to get into a fight, i bet no other blazer came to intervene and hold stepania back because no intervention was required

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
Man, if no blazer went to help out their teammate(Stepania), i hope we get rid of them all.
Yeah, I agree- we should just fire all of the Blazers because of this one incident, and get some cba guys or else just forfeit the rest of the year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Sweet, we did it...

We found a way to trash our own team for not properly responding to some jerk mouthing off in our lockerroom.

We're the best fans in sports.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts