Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm a little worried about hinrich. should i be worried? am i the only one? is it the losing that's getting to him? where does he go in the second half of games lately? why is he so gunshy with his shots? he's been getting scratched up and picked-off and it's not good. i realize consistency comes with experience and he is a rook, but...i'm still worried.

From this week's "Ask KC":

K.C., how is Kirk Hinrich handling the losing? He has been a winner his whole life, here in Sioux City as well as at Kansas. Do you see him getting frustrated with the poor play of his teammates and lack of effort he gets from some of them on a nightly basis? --Jeremy Foster, Sioux City, Iowa

I don't see that aspect, although it may be happening privately. Like anyone else associated with the team, Kirk is frustrated by all the losing. The guy is a complete competitor. But I've covered enough losing basketball to see this happen to many other successful college players. Elton Brand comes to mind most prominently. The losing affects them badly at first and then, midway through the first season, they begin to understand it as part of the NBA life. That's not to say that Kirk accepts losing or likes it. It's just all he knows on this level to this point. That's the culture that the Bulls are trying to change.

And this from Mike McGraw today:

Too quiet in here: Following Wednesday's game, Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich had three long scratches across his chest and on both arms, the result of overaggressive defense. He was fouled with 3:35 left in the game and checked for blood before walking to the free-throw line.

Hinrich also was part of the lethargic starting lineup that coach Scott Skiles pulled from the floor four minutes into the third quarter. The rookie from Kansas admitted he had trouble dealing with the minuscule crowd and dead atmosphere at Philips Arena.

"I've got to do something to get up for the game," Hinrich said. "I've never played in an atmosphere like that. I'm not saying that's an excuse for not playing that well. But with nobody there, it's just different. It's an adjustment, and it has to come from within."

sounds like he is trying to dig deep.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
He played 45 mintues monday night and last night he looked totally gases. Skiles has to get him some rest and a real backup PG. He should be playing 30 to 34 minutes max. Look at Wade, he was playing big time minutes and now he is injuried. If hinrich goes down we have nothing left at PG.

david

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Yeah, it definitley looked like Hinrich was hitting the rookie wall last night.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Oh yeah ACE then what has Jamal hit the "4th year wall"?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
ummm..no. Jamal has hit the "coach is gonna bench me because I can't guard that guy that is 2-3 inches taller and 40lbs heavier than me wall".

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW - Hinrich maintained his #3 position for the third week in a row in the Rookie Rankings this week. :)

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
ummm..no. Jamal has hit the "coach is gonna bench me because I can't guard that guy that is 2-3 inches taller and 40lbs heavier than me wall".

Alright go ACE a new excuse for Jamal that I had not heard from you before. Getting awful creative now aren't you? He can't guard his position. Stephen Jackson is an average sized perimeter player. He should not have been lit up that bad.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What a joke, you take a crticial Kirk post and have to bring in Jamal when this has nothing to do with him whatsoever.

As a whole, this board needs to stop doing it.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
um, just to be crystal clear. this thread is not meant to be critical of kirk in any way.

and ace, lighten up with the jamal excuses when this isn't about him.

and bas, quit baiting. mmmkay

i really think they need to get a LEGIT backup PG for Hinrich or he will collapse. this is what causes me worry.

brunson is not my first choice here!

(but you gotta love the brunson fan club making the drive from charlotte to see their man - they got on TV and in the papers this morning! LOL)

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts

Alright go ACE a new excuse for Jamal that I had not heard from you before. Getting awful creative now aren't you? He can't guard his position. Stephen Jackson is an average sized perimeter player. He should not have been lit up that bad.
Stephen Jackson has like 3inches and 40lbs on Crawford. Jackson lit up everyone else who tried to guard him too. I'm not sure how it's an "excuse" more like a fact. And besides, this thread has nothing to do with Jamal. They were asking if Kirk hit the rookie wall and I agreed that based on his play last night he may have. Period. No reason to spew your Jamal hatred at every meager opportunity champ!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!
um, just to be crystal clear. this thread is not meant to be critical of kirk in any way.

and ace, lighten up with the jamal excuses when this isn't about him.

and bas, quit baiting. mmmkay

i really think they need to get a LEGIT backup PG for Hinrich or he will collapse. this is what causes me worry.

brunson is not my first choice here!

(but you gotta love the brunson fan club making the drive from charlotte to see their man - they got on TV and in the papers this morning! LOL)
Hey, I was just responding to a post. And it's not an excuse it's a fact. Notice that my original post to your question doesn't say word 1 about Jamal. There isn't a whole lot to say since he sat on the bench most of the game and watched us lose. Of course that means that some folks have to take a swipe at him for some strange inexplicable reason. I may as well be talking about myself sitting on the couch watching the game.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts