Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rotating QB's always works

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/19937877

Throughout spring and fall practice, Will Muschamp has stated repeatedly that there's been no separation between sophomore starting quarterback candidates Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskel.

Of course, a lot of coaches say that just before naming a starter. But Monday, Muschamp put his proverbial money where his mouth has been, releasing a depth chart with both Brissett and Driskel listed as starters, then going a step further in his Monday press conference.

Per the Gainesville Sun and other outlets, Muschamp outlined a plan in which one quarterback would play the first quarter, the other would play the second quarter, and which quarterback (or quarterbacks) would play the third and fourth quarters would be decided by the Gator staff at halftime.
UF will have maybe the best defense, but unproven at every skill position on offense. Interesting team.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
That will never work. Stick with one QB. You're QB will never be able to build his confidence level if he knows he's going to have to alternate.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years? It could.

I would buy them playing in Atlanta for the SEC title if they just had something a little better at running back. Right now, they have the best defense in the East but Georgia probably has the best balance between O & D.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years? It could.

I would buy them playing in Atlanta for the SEC title if they just had something a little better at running back. Right now, they have the best defense in the East but Georgia probably has the best balance between O & D.
Their D is a tad overrated in my opinion. Should be good, but not one of the best in the country like people are projecting. Not so sure about their pass rush and playmaking ability. Not to mention they're going to be on the field the entire game.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I would take their defense over South Carolina who loses their defensive coordinator along with Melvin Ingram and Stephon Gilmore. Florida is young, and under the first year with Muschamp they still managed to be in the top ten in total defense.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
this might mean something if it happens in a real game. if there really is no separation at all between the two guys, i don't see a problem doing this in a game that shouldn't be competitive at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts