Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I cannot believe Kansas just lost to RICHMOND!!!!! They totally blew it at the end of the game and they had every chance to put it away. :upset:

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Your prediction is a bit off.....

Kansas sucked big time. Choked the game away by missing crucial free throws, committing dumb turnovers and trapping when they shouldn't have because Richmond has the college version of Peja Stojakovich.

Horrible loss for KU, one representative of the team not having "it" yet (or perhaps not at all, period).

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
How do you get beat by a team represented by an insect? Seriously Richmond played their hearts out and deserved to win.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Way to go Jayhawks...losing to Richmond at home is not going to help the Big 12 RPI!!

On the flip side...the conference seems really wide open this year and the best team I've seen play is still Texas Tech.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Okay so no one let me call KU crappy for beating A&M by 6 since Big 12 road games are really hard, but I get to criticize them for losing at home to an unranked team, right? And while Richmond isn't technically a pushover, Kansas should beat them by plenty.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!
How do you get beat by a team represented by an insect?
The same way you blow a 24-point lead and lose by 9 to a tribe of Native Americans.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Um, a spider isn't an insect.

But you shouldn't be losing to a Richmond or a Nevada at Kansas. Just like you shouldn't be losing 4 in a row if you're an Oklahoma. It's a down year for the entire Big 12. Tech is probably the best team in the Conference right now. And they'll have no chance in hell of making it out of the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I personally thought Richmond played great ball. Kansas played well too, they even out rebounded Richmond by a wide margin.

Here are the TWO things that KU lost:

1-Can not guard the Preimator
2-FREE THROWS

Those damn free throws cost the game.

I personally thought the Jayhawks played well to win the game. The problem was that Miles and Langford could not hit the free thoows.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah KU got killed on the perimeter and those damn free throws :upset: . For being such a good free-throw shooting team you think Miles or Langford could hit a few clutch ones. And just so everyone knows I am a huge KU fan so I am not bashing them.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>deranged40</b>!
Yeah KU got killed on the perimeter and those damn free throws :upset: . For being such a good free-throw shooting team you think Miles or Langford could hit a few clutch ones. And just so everyone knows I am a huge KU fan so I am not bashing them.
hey at least after we lose a game or two, we do not call "Fire our Coach" or say "NIT" LOL

·
Registered
736 Posts
That's cause we've been a little spoiled at Kansas, having the best team in the country for Gooden's last year and losing in the championship game, and then losing last year thanks to free throws. KU deserves to be about #13-16, but that's a long way from #1, which was the MO for much of the 90s.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!

1-Can not guard the Preimator
Is the Preimator similar in any way to the Terminator? Because I don't think there's a team in America that can guard a stone-cold, bada$$ cyborg sent from the future.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!
That's cause we've been a little spoiled at Kansas,
I'm not so sure given your tournament history. Kansas fans have had more then there share of disappointments since manning

Syracuse - 2003 National Champions. :wave:

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Nice to see Bail Self having troubles at Kansas along with Coach Weber at Illinois too :laugh: .. Kansas is 11-3, Illinois 12-4..

Ya know, I wonder if Self wants to be an assistant.. I'm sure Weber would love to have him :laugh:

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
Nice to see Bail Self having troubles at Kansas along with Coach Weber at Illinois too :laugh: .. Kansas is 11-3, Illinois 12-4..

Ya know, I wonder if Self wants to be an assistant.. I'm sure Weber would love to have him :laugh:
I hardly say 11 and 3 shows trouble. Granted we lost 2 of our 3 games to games we should had won. Granted we are having some problems, but I take a 11-3 over 7-7 team that has more talent and problems.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JuniorNoboa</b>!

I'm not so sure given your tournament history. Kansas fans have had more then there share of disappointments since manning

Syracuse - 2003 National Champions. :wave:
I'll take year-in, year-out dominance and the occasional disappointment in the tourney over a fluke run at the NC one year.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh and I love with 19 seconds left (I think) Wayne is at the Three point line and pushes someone to the ground. WHAT WAS HE DOING AT THE THRE LINE? he is the last player that should be there, he can't shoot from 5 feet out, let alone that.

YEah the free throw thing is getting annoying, but do we truely know how good this team is? Mope. Our best three point shooter is a frosh, and one of our centers can't rebound.

Ok so KU isn't going to be like the last two years, but keep in mind how much we lost coming into the season.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts