Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am truely scared about this game from a ku standpoint. KU could lose if they play the way they have been over the past 4 or 5 games.

KU 70
TT 69

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I think we will win no more than by 7 points.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Toma's injury has really hurt TT over the past two weeks....with him, I'm pretty sure we'd have beaten Texas and won at OSU. If he can come back and play the way he was before the injury TT is the best team in the Big 12...but I'm afraid that even when he comes back he's going to take a few games to get back into the rhthym he was in.

Today's game should be a good one...either team will probably have a chance to win it in the final 2 minutes.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hollis</b>!
Kansas by 13
after seeing the first half so far, that is not far fetched

·
Registered
736 Posts
Try by 40. The matchups didn't really work out very well for Texas Tech. They're pretty small, and Simien just ate them up on the offensive glass, and Miles held their freshman point to 0. Also, many of the KU players had their best game of the season, with Giddens looking like a pro from 3, Moody having his way, and Padgett making just everything. One more test and KU's pretty much officially the class of the Big 12. Nice to see Miles hit more than his very first 3 for once though.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!
Try by 40. The matchups didn't really work out very well for Texas Tech. They're pretty small, and Simien just ate them up on the offensive glass, and Miles held their freshman point to 0. Also, many of the KU players had their best game of the season, with Giddens looking like a pro from 3, Moody having his way, and Padgett making just everything. One more test and KU's pretty much officially the class of the Big 12. Nice to see Miles hit more than his very first 3 for once though.
wow, some postive feedback. ;)

yeah, KU RAN this game. Run and Gun in a very long time. Good to see that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
An OSU fans perspective of TTech is that they are very gritty on Defense. They did not find a way to slow down KU at all today. Impressive. But lets remember, I think most predicted TTech to start falling once they played some tough road games and this has proven to be true.

From what I saw KU was playing zone against TTech and that has given them fits this year. A lot of that led to KU fast breaks and voila - easy win against a suspect road opponent at your own house.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Padgett's got a perimeter game in his Freshman year superior to Collison's in his Senior season and Gooden's in his Junior season. He made 4 straight from outside 15 feet in the first half.

·
Registered
188 Posts
TT was thin inside when the season began...with one of our interior players playing on one foot, and another not even there...we were doomed. Disappointed in Jackson and Ross...they picked a poor time to both play their worst game of the year.

Congrats to KU...thought the Jayhawks played well.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kcchiefs-fan</b>!
Padgett's got a perimeter game in his Freshman year superior to Collison's in his Senior season and Gooden's in his Junior season. He made 4 straight from outside 15 feet in the first half.
While Padgett is money from 16' and in, I think Collison was a better three-point shooter, at least his junior and senior seasons. I've watched a lot of both players outside of games in practice and scrimmages, and they both have excellent perimeter jumpers. Collison just did a lot more work under the hoop than Padgett is able to do right now.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

While Padgett is money from 16' and in, I think Collison was a better three-point shooter, at least his junior and senior seasons. I've watched a lot of both players outside of games in practice and scrimmages, and they both have excellent perimeter jumpers. Collison just did a lot more work under the hoop than Padgett is able to do right now.
Everything I have seen Padgett throw up from outside has been gorgeous. He's got a bit of a line drive shot, but everytime it's up I figure it's in. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Padgett develops.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
It's funny watching all the knee-jerkers over on Phog.net who previously said that Padgett was worse than Chenowith skamper for the hills now. Some people have no patience and/or perspective.

Give that kid 20 more pounds and a summer of playing with the big boys....wow. He could be a dominant force in the league next year -- but still a mere accoutrement to Miles, Langford, Simien and Giddens.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
It's funny watching all the knee-jerkers over on Phog.net who previously said that Padgett was worse than Chenowith skamper for the hills now. Some people have no patience and/or perspective.

Give that kid 20 more pounds and a summer of playing with the big boys....wow. He could be a dominant force in the league next year -- but still a mere accoutrement to Miles, Langford, Simien and Giddens.
Agreed, but I think his hands need a bit of work too. Of course an extra 20 pounds of muscle will help in that regard as well.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Coordination is definitely an area that needs some work. Most of the time it comes with physical maturation, while sometimes it doesn't come at all. I think Padgett will be fine in this regard. He just needs to continue to build his confidence.

I really, really, really hope Giddens doesn't bolt after next season. He'd probably be a first-round pick without even trying too hard.

·
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!
OMG? positive feeback about KU? wow, me thought I would never see that. And plus you said something nice about Simen, wow!

·
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
coach Knight said this about the offense. AND this is why KU is not going to lose by more than 15

"Kansas offensively played as well as any team that I have really seen play this year," Knight said, "certainly as well as anybody we've played against.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts