Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the general managers of the NBA could not even manage a lemonade stand at the moment. Year in and year out mistakes are made with drafting, trading, etc and these guys still have their jobs. These GM's should be made accountable and have pressure placed on them to hold their jobs. Some of the moves that have been made, well when they were made everyone could see how bad they were.

It is time for new blood to be given a go, not the same guys who have never improved their team. It is time for guys like Clyde Drexler, Chris Mullin, etc who have great respect around the league to have a crack at this part of the NBA. These guys will know if a guy is talented and can help the team through drafting, trading, etc. These guys have a good name and great reputations. Guys like Issell and Pitino resigned and they were never fired because of their mistakes. Guys like St Jean, who has had some good drafts in recent years, but these are just covering for the mistakes that he made in drafting and trading in the past.

These GM's should be given a 3 year term and if they cannot improve the team then they need to go. I am sick of hearing oh we are rebuilding again, when the team has been rebuilding for the last 10 years!! Their are so many NBA teams with a lack of bench depth that you have to wonder who has put the team together. Signing bench scrubs to long term deals and then trying to trade these guys to another team is stupid. hello, why sign these guys to huge contracts and then complain that they are untradeable!!

It is just time for other guys to be given a chance to succeed. Like Kiki in Denver, who has done a good job at repairing the Nuggets since Issel's abortion. Remember the Warriors wanted to use Mullin's reputation only and still have St Jean calling the shots, having Mullin as a puppett. If this is accurate I am glad that Mullin turned this down.

Once again GM's should have a three year term to get the team going again and need to be accountable for their actions and not covering their mistakes all the time.With the amount of scouts that each team has, how can so many mistakes in drafting occur, eg Todd Fuller, Martin Murrsepp,, etc.

Also how can an NBA team be so far over the salary cap and have such bad players that they cannot even come close to making the playoffs?? How can a guy who is a jump shooter make 100 million when he is not even a teams best player and does not even make the team better??

Anyway I am sick of these guys getting paid big bucks to manage multi million dollar teams and constantly make mistakes. Once again some of them could not even manage a lemonade stand!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
AMEN!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yeah...Sure...I guess I agree. Didn't read the whole thing though. Got to boring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts