Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he has put his name in but has decided not to hire an agent leaving the option of returning to school open.

Good or bad news for the raps?????

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ actually i dont know why i said that when thinking about it, just making conversation i guess lol

·
Registered
959 Posts
Is a top 8 pick, so he only buffs up the number of players we have to choose from.

·
Registered
731 Posts
This guy won't go past 8th pick for sure, cuz Raps will take him i heard from somewhere if he drops to that low. But Blazers were reported to be interested in taking him, so no luck for the Raps...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I don't think he gets past Portland, unfortunately, guys... How does Jarrett Jack sound :)

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i will forever be against drafting jack with the first of the two first-round picks

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I can't see Portland drafting another HS guy. They haven't had much success so far drafting JO (now with Pacers), Qyntel Woods (now in Miami), Travis Outlaw (no production thus far), and Sebastian Telfair (still a question mark). On top of that they have4 some concerns about Zack Randolphs character.

Blazers need some maturity and some proven talent that can step in and contribute/lead by example.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looking at different Mock Drafts, Jarrett Jack is slated as early as the 11th pick and as low as the 25th pick ... Depending of his workouts, I think we could roll the dice that he will be available with our 2nd pick, somewhere around the 15th spot.

If he ain't available, the draft is full of good point guards we could draft instead, I think we need to go for athletic SF/SG or C with our first pick, if we can't do that, we need to trade down, since every scout is saying that the draft isn't good but very deep. The guy you draft in the 20s could be as good as the guy you draft between 5-12, if you do your homeworks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
lucky777s said:
I can't see Portland drafting another HS guy. They haven't had much success so far drafting JO (now with Pacers), Qyntel Woods (now in Miami), Travis Outlaw (no production thus far), and Sebastian Telfair (still a question mark). On top of that they have4 some concerns about Zack Randolphs character.

Blazers need some maturity and some proven talent that can step in and contribute/lead by example.
JO turned into an all-star, Outlaw has started playing lately is showing he can play, Telfair is HS PG much too early to write him off and he has shown potential. Woods is the only true failure yet.

·
Registered
359 Posts
While I think the Blazers could use a good C instead, they probably will draft Green if he's available. When looking at their roster, it becomes evident they are trying to build a core with very young players. Green would fit that philosophy and a position of need at the same time.

Even though he is an intriguing talent I can't help but picture him as a future jump shooter with minimal defensive abilities. Hmm, sounds oddly familiar.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
lucky777s said:

Well drafting JO was a great move, trading him was a bad move. Qyntel Woods didn't come out of high school, he came out of JuCo. Travis Outlaw has shown a lot of promise this season with the oppurtunity. And Sebastian has shown a lot of promise as well.

So I'd say they are great at evaulating talent from a high school perspective, although there is a bit of luck involved with players being so young. But I know where your coming from.. I keep telling myself they won't pick him either ;)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Greg Ostertag! said:
I don't think he gets past Portland, unfortunately, guys... How does Jarrett Jack sound :)
He only allows another youngster to fall to us then. Him declaring buffs up the talent.

As for Jarrett. I wanna see:

1) What pick our second first rounder yields us
2) How well Jarrett does in the work-outs
3) What other available talent there is at our pick.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
rapsfan4life said:
he has put his name in but has decided not to hire an agent leaving the option of returning to school open.

Good or bad news for the raps?????
NO NEWS for the Raps.

Until he hires an agent this is for the most part an irrelevant story. Anyone with any sense knew back in January he was going to at least declare and get feelers. Who did not expect this to happen?????

If he gets agent then its news ..... and good news.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts