Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about smooth and athletic. And he shot 4-4 from 3 point range in the McDonalds game. He also threw down a couple monster dunks. He does have a tendancy to drift, but he is by far the best high schooler and probably the best wing in the draft.

·
Registered
853 Posts
i agree 100%.....if he is still there when we pick, it is no question that we should pick him

him and travis together with bassy....wow

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Gerald Green has emphasized what I've said even more about him. He put out a J.R. Smith type performance. He seems very interested, we will have to see where he is expected to go and if we can maybe move down a few picks down to get him while acquiring another future pick as well. Green definitly seems the most intriguing of all the SGs coming out thus far.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sambonius said:
Gerald Green has emphasized what I've said even more about him. He put out a J.R. Smith type performance. He seems very interested, we will have to see where he is expected to go and if we can maybe move down a few picks down to get him while acquiring another future pick as well. Green definitly seems the most intriguing of all the SGs coming out thus far.

:clap:

The kid looks GREAT out there! An AWESOME stroke from deep, with or without a defender up in his mug. If we could trade down a few slots, draft Green, and get an additional pick to boot... I'd be rather happy with that, to say the least.

Gerald not only has the potential to be a superstar in the near future, he is pretty darn good... RIGHT NOW!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Why, because Chad Ford says so? Green is an Outlaw clone. He's 6-8 if I remember correctly, and his game is much more slashing than jump shooting. he does get some elevation on that shot, though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, this Gerald Green is impressive! This guy will go top five, and I think we should draft him. His jumper is so smooth and fluid. After his performence today he will go 4th or 5th pick. Him and Telfair will be a great combo in the future.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
sanfranduck said:
Why, because Chad Ford says so? Green is an Outlaw clone. He's 6-8 if I remember correctly, and his game is much more slashing than jump shooting. he does get some elevation on that shot, though.

You're OBVIOUSLY not watching the McD's All-American game, are you? I mean, if you aren't watching, then I can understand. I was completely skeptical of the guy until today. But, after seeing him torching the nets from long range, there's NO DOUBT that he's a SG... NONE!!! The kid can shoot the ball, create his own shot, and, of course, he can elevate with the best of them.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If we are cannot get either Bogut or Williams, Green has to be the guy. He's a very good shooter right now. I love his potential. A very smooth player!

pg: Telfair
sg: Green
sf: Outlaw

Very nice young core to look forward too!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Actually, no I'm not watching it. Warriors and Bucks are going at it right now in a very entertaining game (insert joke here). So you guys are amazed because he's tearing up a bunch of high school kids?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Just remember guys, I was one of the first on the Telfair band wagon, 3 months prior to us drafting him. I was the first here to really put his name out there as a guy we should look at drafting. I am the originator!

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
sanfranduck said:
Actually, no I'm not watching it. Warriors and Bucks are going at it right now in a very entertaining game (insert joke here). So you guys are amazed because he's tearing up a bunch of high school kids?
He's a high schooler, himself, you realize? Should we be impressed when a collegian tears up a bunch of collegians? How about when an NBA player tears up a bunch of NBA players?

Also, this was the McDonald's All-American game. Not exactly an assortment of typical high schoolers.

This doesn't guarantee great NBA success for Green, but yeah, it is impressive.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i missed it was the soccer game so if he looks that good against the other high schoolers lets see how he does agianst college and internationals in the practices.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I don't think Portland needs to trade down to get him. 4th-6th is about right for him IMO. He won't be NBA ready out of the gates but he has the most upside IMO than anyone in the draft outside of WIlliams or Bogut.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Ok before someone beats us to this and and takes it out of context...From ESPN

Unlike in some recent years, none of the players taking part in the game have said they would go directly to the NBA. Green has been mentioned as a possible lottery pick, but he said after the game he's going to Oklahoma State.
Now before we get too excited, I gurantee if this kid or any other HS player gets the nod that they will be a top, say, 5 pick, they will declare. This kinda comment is an excellent way of trying to guage interest in their stock.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think you have to look at a few different questions before you jump up and draft Gerald Green--

1. Is ZBo going to be ready for training camp? If not, it might be really good to spend the pick on a 4, since there are a few great ones out there, in Europe, college and even at the high school level.

2. Is the pick going to be more valuable as a trading piece, i.e. is Gerald Green going to make us as good as a seasoned veteran would, or is this draft looking better to other teams than its looking to us?

3. Is Gerald Green really what you're lookng for, as a high draft pick, as a player, and from a team standpoint? this team is going to be very short on veterans or people who have ever won anything. That, in the long run, may make these kids better, having someone on the team who has really won at the college or pro level, and maybe we have to use this pick to get that person.

Whatever the pick or subsequent trade, the Blazers need a crapload more size in the backcourt-- Gerald Green would bring that, at some point down the road.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Gerald Green showed off a very impressive stroke from the perimeter tonight. He can also drive and elevate very well. I think he is worth the #5 pick. Is he a risk? Sure, MOST HS not named Lebron\KG are. But he shows the potential to be a VERY good NBA player.

He has the size
He can shoot from the perimeter (BTW a needed skill in POR)
He can take hs man off the dribble.

He was good. I think he is a surefire lottery pick, and I can't see any better pick for POR at #5 outside of Marvin Williams or Andrew Bogut.

He isn't NBA ready yet, but closer than any other player I saw tonight....

BTW, I really like MArtell Webster too. IF Green was gone, and Webster was in the draft, I would take him if I was POR. He is not as ready as Green (who isnt ready either) but he will be a good player in the NBA.

I was really impressed with Green & Webster.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts