Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portland loves this guy off, but a couple scouts with the Raptors and another Eastern Conference team have informed me that he's being guarenteed a top 3 position if he declares this spring.

He would have looked nice in Portland though, or Toronto for that matter.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. Let's see the entire list of who declares before that assumption is made.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I doubt a promise has been made. The results for the top 3 picks are not even out yet and with the pending 20 year old age rule this could be a very deep draft w/ a ton of young players available.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
:TorontoRaptors: said:
Portland loves this guy off, but a couple scouts with the Raptors and another Eastern Conference team have informed me that he's being guarenteed a top 3 position if he declares this spring.

So since you're claiming this, should we expect Green to be packing his bags for Oklahoma State?

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
:TorontoRaptors: said:

Gotta love a post like this:

1) Declares that neither Portland nor Toronto will get into the top 3 picks. He's either Nostradamus or Marty McFly to be able to make a claim like this with so much confidence.

2) Apparently every team with a chance to be in the lottery has told Green (as well as this poster's "friends" who are scouts) that they won't let him slip beyond #3. This before individual workouts, draft camp, and even knowing which other players might declare. That's quite a revelation.

I believe that there's a chance that Green could go in the top 3. But there's no way that I believe that it's a lock on April 6th that this will happen.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Green will be picked in the early teens.....Will probably go to the Clippers, Raptors or Lakers.....Guaranteed, this scout I know told me.... :yes:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Green will be picked in the early teens.....Will probably go to the Clippers, Raptors or Lakers.....Guaranteed, this scout I know told me.... :yes:
Ha!!HAhHahahHAHahAHahHAHAHAHahHAhaHHAhHAhAHhAHh!!!!!

That's good, tell me another one!

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Schilly said:
Ha!!HAhHahahHAHahAHahHAHAHAHahHAhaHHAhHAhAHhAHh!!!!!

That's good, tell me another one!
How can you tell me otherwise.....?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
BTW, someone should form a draft day get together for this board......So then I can laugh at all you who think we are getting Green....(and I can wear all my Zags apparel and gloat about Adam Morrison the entire evening.)

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
BTW, someone should form a draft day get together for this board......So then I can laugh at all you who think we are getting Green....(and I can wear all my Zags apparel and gloat about Adam Morrison the entire evening.)
I'm not saying Green will be drafted by Portland but I highly doubt,should he actually declare, that he slips past 8.

What would gloating about a guy who isn't even declaring intended to accomplish?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
What would gloating about a guy who isn't even declaring intended to accomplish?
It was a joke, I was messing with all the people that give me a hard time because I talk (and stick up for) Morrison all the time on this board....

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
It was a joke, I was messing with all the people that give me a hard time because I talk (and stick up for) Morrison all the time on this board....
Ohh well if it's anyu consolation DraftCity has Morrison as the #2 pick next year, but they haven't factored HS players, like Greg Oden, and Euro players into their Mock, and won't until next year around this time.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
yea but seriously, there should be some kind of get together for perhaps one of the biggest drafts in Blazers history...

And they probably dont have those high schoolers in those mocks because of the pending CBA negotiations...

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:

we're having one, just some of us won't be invited. ;)

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Hap said:
awwww schucks.....

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
ZagsFan -

Do you really think Green will go in the teens? Personally, I don't think there is any way he falls out of the top 10, and it is more likely he goes top 5. It will all depend on whom declares of course, which as Storyteller pointed out, makes the creator of this thread an idioit at worst, a troll at best.

The question I had for you is who do you think POR shopuld select at #5 then?

B\c IMO there appears like there won't be a lot of better players than Green available at #5.

Chris Taft - Concerned with his motor\desire

Deron Williams - I like him a lot, but he is a PG and POR has Telfair. Not sure his selection helps this team.

Tiago Splitter - Has not been overly impressive in euroleague...Appears more likely to be a mediocre player than a star player

Martynas Andriuskevicius - Can you say LONG TERM project? And I am seriously concerned that he will be nothing but Tskitishvilli Part 2.

Fran Vasquez - Even more pedestrian than Splitter IMO, he shouldn't even be discussed as a top 5 pick IMO.

Raymond Felton?\Chris Paul? (if he even declares) - More PG, and POR has Telfair. So with the highest pick POR had had in a long time, they are going to take ANOTHER PG????

Nemanja Aleksandrov - 1st he is a SF, 2nd there are questions about his motor\heart, 3rd his play has been mediocre to poor in europe... Another porject

Looking at that list, outside of Chris Taft, I don't see how you COULD NOT think Gerald Green was a better pick for POR.

What bad luck for POR, to be so bad, and need a good player so badly out of this draft and have such weak choices at #5. This is abetter draft to have multiple mid round picks (see TOR) than a high lottery pick IMO.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
RP McMurphy said:
Why would anyone be guaranteed a Top 3 position this far before the draft? Nothing is guaranteed yet.

Oh, just in case anyone believes this guy, he claims to have sources, but he's posted a whole bunch of garbage in the past. I don't know if he's ever been right. Some of his "highlights" --

Donyell Marshall traded to Indiana
Dwyane Wade out for a month
Vince Carter to Knicks imminent
Raptors to move to St. Louis
hahahahahaha, Don't listen to this guy.. He also claimed VC was headed to Portland too. He claims to have inside sources, but his sources seem to be wrong.. all the time.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Hap said:
Whaaaaa? Always a brides maid, never a bride! :whatever:

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
vigilante said:
hahahahahaha, Don't listen to this guy.. He also claimed VC was headed to Portland too. He claims to have inside sources, but his sources seem to be wrong.. all the time.
I have sources too! Except mine are outside sources that pick up on conversations that never happened. I know it doesn't make any sense, but my source told me that Portland was going to draft a player with two hands and feet. Now I know a lot of you don't believe me, but I am telling you it is going to happen. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts