Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but will not get an agent yet. I would think he's as good as gone. The possiblity of the age limitations will scare some of these kids into the draft. But I think any year, Green goes.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Interesting, if we make the playoffs, he won't be an option for us. I know everyone is saying pick a big man, but picking him even with our swing men depth would not kill us, in fact provide secruity if anything were to happen to RJ or VC.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Don't know much about him, myself. What's his game/story?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Athletic wing man. Currently measures in at 6-8. Draws comparisons to TMac. He's from Texas, but don't know what college he has signed with. Good handles, an athlete, haven't heard much about his shot. But if he's like the 2nd wing off the bench, he'd provide good minutes playing alongside Kidd. Yea, I'd probably go with the thought that you get the best available, then fill out the roster in free agency/trade(exception), with the PF as top priority, then depending on the draft, get a backup wing or big man.

·
Registered
839 Posts
i read a critique on him that said he doesn´t really know yet how to "play" basketball. i think he had about 42 points, but no rebounds and no assists. and the analyst said he needs to develop more, because he doesn´t know how to get the other players involved. but i haven´t personally seen him play yet, so i´ll reserve judgment.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
Athletic wing man. Currently measures in at 6-8. Draws comparisons to TMac. He's from Texas, but don't know what college he has signed with. Good handles, an athlete, haven't heard much about his shot. But if he's like the 2nd wing off the bench, he'd provide good minutes playing alongside Kidd. Yea, I'd probably go with the thought that you get the best available, then fill out the roster in free agency/trade(exception), with the PF as top priority, then depending on the draft, get a backup wing or big man.
You almost got it.

Most compare him to T-Mac. I saw him in the McDonald's game and I can see it. First off, he can fly. He has Bron hops...it's that serious. Secondly, many ppl say (and I back them) that his shot is further along than when T-Mac came out. He has good handle. Problem I see is, he's about himself. He's not a team player yet. He definitely looks for his shot first. right now, I think he's a top 10 guy with an outside shot of falling out of the lottery.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Cool, thanks for the scouting reports people. While I want a big man in the draft, its always better to get a wing player who can contribute than to get a big man that can't.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
Cool, thanks for the scouting reports people. While I want a big man in the draft, its always better to get a wing player who can contribute than to get a big man that can't.
He's coming out of High School, I doubt he will be able to contribute with RJ and Carter healthy, I was thinking longer term.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Petey said:
He's coming out of High School, I doubt he will be able to contribute with RJ and Carter healthy, I was thinking longer term.

-Petey
Totally, I meant contribute eventually.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Green is an athlete but yeah he can't "play" at this point....my fear would be a Darius Miles type situation...super freak athletically but never meets expectations....I would stay clear of him. I would also think PF would be your main place to look with everything else being equal...I mean if a guy fell to you that was too hard to pass and he happened to be a wing so be it but I don't think Green fits the bill, just my observations...I wouldn't gamble on a single high schooler this year.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
I don't think Rod would take a high schooler unless someone like LeBron was available. Just look at his history. The only times he's drafted players under 20, it was with the expectation/understanding that they'd go to Europe for a year or two for experience.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
whiterhino said:
Green is an athlete but yeah he can't "play" at this point....my fear would be a Darius Miles type situation...super freak athletically but never meets expectations....
Miles is a totally different situation, even in high school he was only an athlete. Green is an athlete but he can flat out shoot(off the dribble too). From the McDonalds game I saw that he can create his own shot and he can just FLY.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts