Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen him pop up on some drafts and I'd never heard of him until recenty. I read NBA draft net and they compared him to McGrady. Does this kid have that much potential or do u think he'll be a bust? And how high do you think he'll go?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I've never seen him play, but I'm expecting him to go in the lottery.

Should get a better look at him at the McDonalds AA game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds like an intruiging combo. A lot different from the McGrady comparison, though. I wonder which is more accurate. I was just curious about him cause I'm starting to see a bunch of drafts having the Knicks pick him. I think I could deal with it if they picked him. Of course they'd probably figure out a way to lose him right before he reaches his potential, but thats beside the point.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Chapstick437 said:
I've seen him pop up on some drafts and I'd never heard of him until recenty. I read NBA draft net and they compared him to McGrady. Does this kid have that much potential or do u think he'll be a bust? And how high do you think he'll go?

I wouldn't put too much stock into that. Ever since McGrady blew up, just about every guy who is a 6'8"/6'9" G/F with some all-around skills is compared to McGrady. If they are shorter than 6'8", then they are compared to Kobe.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Chapstick437 said:
That sounds like an intruiging combo. A lot different from the McGrady comparison, though. I wonder which is more accurate. I was just curious about him cause I'm starting to see a bunch of drafts having the Knicks pick him. I think I could deal with it if they picked him. Of course they'd probably figure out a way to lose him right before he reaches his potential, but thats beside the point.

I don't know if the Knicks would really want him, they have Ariza. Man i wish Marbury would turn into a pass first shoot 2nd PG. Knicks have some player on the roster just need Mar to pass first shoot 2nd. The amazing thing is Mar has a 8.1apg. If he turn into a passing PG he would get 13 assist a game.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
JNice said:
I wouldn't put too much stock into that. Ever since McGrady blew up, just about every guy who is a 6'8"/6'9" G/F with some all-around skills is compared to McGrady. If they are shorter than 6'8", then they are compared to Kobe.
I know what your saying, but from a lot of the stuff I've read, it sounds a lot more legit than any other one of those comparisons.

His body looks similar to that of T-Macs. His athelticism and defensive ability sound like that of McGrady (when he was in Toronto anyways). He's unselfish and is a good rebounder, like T-Mac. Supposedly his midrange game and longrange game are developed for a high school player, which is McGradys bread and butter.

I'm not gonna act like I've seen Green play, but the comparisons seem more legit than the others. Everytime I think of this guy now, I just imagine T-Mac in toronto.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Something's missing from these scouting reports though...if he's really T-Mac with better defense, then he shouldn't be a borderline lottery pick.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Like A Breath said:
Something's missing from these scouting reports though...if he's really T-Mac with better defense, then he shouldn't be a borderline lottery pick.
Green isn't anywhere close to Tmac, as JNice said it's just a height/body build type of comparison, not really a skill comparison.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Portland is in the market for a SG stud, and we need potential superstar talent. Considering that he is the num 1 prep player this year, Portland might nab him. We're still young and rebuilding, so it wouldn't surprise me too much.

Otherwise, I hope that Portland goes after a guy like Splitter before Taft...and maybe trades down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Green is the most athletic high schooler, and will likely be a high 1st round pick in the 2005 draft. However, Green did not shine at the EA Sports Roundball Classic held in Chicago on 3/22. Green was dominated by Brandon Rush in the head to head matchup who scored 21 with 11 rebounds and 8 assists. Rush is talking about college, but may look to the NBA after his performance at the Roundball Classic. Green will look to shine in the McDonald's game (Rush is ineligible). :biggrin:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would be happy to see Portland take a chance on him. From what I've heard Rush is the most athletic HS senior but Green is the most NBA ready skill-wise.

Portland might be hesitant to take Green because of another McGrady comparison theyt drafted by the name of Qyntel Woods.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
It seems to me that a lot of the people who are talking about this guy have never seen him play. Even after you watch him in the McDonald's game, that's still not enough for you to know anything about him. Is it that much to ask that you watch a player play at least three times before you come on here and act like you're an authority on him. Obviously people can post whatever they want on here, that's just a pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
EHL said:
Green isn't anywhere close to Tmac, as JNice said it's just a height/body build type of comparison, not really a skill comparison.
Have you seen him play?

Because based on reading everything about him, he seems identical to T-mac.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
RP McMurphy said:
It seems to me that a lot of the people who are talking about this guy have never seen him play. Even after you watch him in the McDonald's game, that's still not enough for you to know anything about him. Is it that much to ask that you watch a player play at least three times before you come on here and act like you're an authority on him. Obviously people can post whatever they want on here, that's just a pet peeve of mine.
I agree 100% with you and have been trying to preach that over on the Blazer board......Some NBA mock draft website compare this guy to Tracey McGrady while he's in high school and everybody is sold on the guy......Essentially every player with similar skinny, lengthy frame of McGrady has been compared to him.....Whether it be Qyntel Woods or Dorrell Wright, many of these comparisons are horrible....

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
JNice said:
Very true. I am anxious to see this guy play in the McDonalds All-American game to see if he is closer to Tracy McGrady or Darius Miles.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Well this week he'll be on tv 3 times. CSTV will show the 2004 ABCD camp game(He won MVP) and then show the EA roundball classic game(had 17 points) on tuesday. Then ESPN on wednesday will show the McDonalds game.

·
Registered
31 Posts
gerald green is a great athlete i saw in Texas play against B Rush and again in NY then at the EA. If Green is going to be in the top 10 then rush who has outplayed him 2 out of three should be considered in the top 20

1 - 19 of 19 Posts