Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gerald Wallace:

PPG 15.6. Ranks #3 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage (0.549)
RPG 7.20
APG 1.7
SPG 2.49. Ranks #1 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(2.49), Ranks #12 in the NBA in Steals(117.0)
BPG 2.13. Ranks #9 in the NBA in Blocks Per Game(2.13), Ranks #18 in the NBA in Blocks(100.0)
TO 1.72. Ranks #3 in the NBA in Steals Per Turnover(1.44)

There are alot of people talking about us trading Maggette for players such as Richard Jefferson and others, but what is there not to like about Gerald Wallace?

. He would add much needed perimetre defense
. He is an above average rebounder
. Shoots a high percentage from the field (.549)
. He has the ability to drive to the basket and score
. He has a very managable contract
. He is 24-years-old, which means that the areas in which he is lacking can be worked on (jumpshot)

IMO I would prefer to have Wallace on this squad over Maggette as he does not demand the ball as much on the offense to have an impact (2.2 OFF RPG). Also the recent troubles concerning Maggette's conflict with Dunleavy gives more insentive as to why we would want an obedient player who does excactly what he is told by the coach in return for Maggette. I am not sure what package we could offer in return for Wallace or how high Charlotte rate both him and Maggette.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Liingston2Seb said:
. He would add much needed perimetre defense
. He is an above average rebounder
. Shoots a high percentage from the field (.549)
. He has the ability to drive to the basket and score
. He has a very managable contract
. He is 24-years-old, which means that the areas in which he is lacking can be worked on (jumpshot)

IMO I would prefer to have Wallace on this squad over Maggette as he does not demand the ball as much on the offense to have an impact (2.2 OFF RPG). Also the recent troubles concerning Maggette's conflict with Dunleavy gives more insentive as to why we would want an obedient player who does excactly what he is told by the coach in return for Maggette. I am not sure what package we could offer in return for Wallace or how high Charlotte rate both him and Maggette.
First of all lets compare Maggs and Wallace...

Maggete is a better scorer, just as good a rebounder, is a good defender, gets to the line more, shoots around the same % as Wallace for his career, attacks the basket as hard and as much as anyone in the NBA, is a better all around player, has proven his value (unlike Wallace), is under contract longer at around the same price, and is only 3 years older.

Trading Maggette for Wallace is a big step backwards.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TucsonClip said:
a good defender
I agree with most of what you said but what? Good defender? Maggette may be athletic but it doesn't transfer to the defensive aspect of his game. Wallace is a 2steals 2blocks per game player, there are not many of those around. If you believe that Maggette is such a superior player to Wallace what would your opinion of a:

Corey Maggette

-FOR-

Gerald Wallace and Primoz Brezec

Offseason trade?

·
Registered
289 Posts
haha yeah. I really just wanted one perfect marshmellow but u ruined that too. I basically wanted to die :( haha. Then dani poured that water on me- HAHA...not. I tried ringing tash today hoping sigourney weaver was there but i couldn't get on to her so i text her but yeah i dunno i hope i can see her sometime soon i think i'll go nuts before then. THought we were almost there in terms of relationship and i think she was expecting me to make some kind of move and then when i didn't do it soon enough she left or something like that :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, i think she wanted me to ask her to go for a walk or something- i think tash had set it up that way and she was expecting it.....Hrm... all the scenarios of what i could've done better were running through my head- i couldnt sleep haha- lucky for daylight savings! HAH. I feel bad cos u guys came along to my death. Tash didnt text back- neither did sab. God damn it, i fell into her trap so bad if this is what she's trying to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I didn't think of that but she might have set that up. Did you ever think of asking her out for a walk or something? We should organise something at the beach if the weather doesnt **** up like it is today. Yeah Jed and Robin really didn't fit in... neither did Aneira or Bridgette (where'd those tits come from?).

P.S. Like my poll?

·
Registered
289 Posts
The poll is nice contribution to gez brez thread.

Umm no i thought of how i actually froze everytime i tried to talk to her. I don't know why i'm so ****house with her compared to every other girl.

Haha yeah If it was minus bridg, ni-ni, jed, robbs and the girl with the big face + raimund then it would've been more normal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got much homework? I ****ing hate Mr Stewert... and Chuck Norris. How can you analyse this ****!

"And tomorrow we'll sing patriotic songs and pretend I said none of the above."

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Liingston2Seb said:
I agree with most of what you said but what? Good defender? Maggette may be athletic but it doesn't transfer to the defensive aspect of his game. Wallace is a 2steals 2blocks per game player, there are not many of those around. If you believe that Maggette is such a superior player to Wallace what would your opinion of a:

Corey Maggette

-FOR-

Gerald Wallace and Primoz Brezec

Offseason trade?
I never said he was better then Wallace. Maggs can hold his own defensively, everyone knows what kind of a defender Wallace is.

I really wouldnt do that trade. If all we had to do to get Pierce was add someone with Maggs, I wouldnt turn around and trade him for Wallace and Brezec, not to mention Maggs really means a lot to the Clippers. He and Brand are the heart and soul of the team from those horrible years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.