·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God he is so bad...it's not even funny

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
We'll give you Collins, Scalabrine, Armstrong, and Planinic for Juanny, Blake, and Haywood.

·
Registered
996 Posts
i personally dont think haywood is very bad, but i do think we have to get rid of either etan or haywood, and i guess it should be haywood.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I have no problem with keeping Haywood, as he seems to be doing okay in his current role as the 16 MPG backup center. He made way too many mistakes as the starting 28 MPG center, and he got on my nerves a lot. However, in limited minutes backing up Kwame, he'll probably be a bit better. I really don't see him bringing back anything we could really use in a trade, and I'd much rather have Laettner taken in the expansion draft then Haywood, so I don't know what we do to dump him unless he's part of a Stackhouse/Hughes trade package.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
MJG, why are you so against Laettner? who cares if Laettner has a lot less years left on him then Hayeood.. Laettner is the better player by far. just because he is a white, skinny dude doesn't mean he can't play as good as black center(who can't catch).

·
Registered
454 Posts
I dont think Haywood is bad either. I dont really have a problem with any of the Wizards big men. I do have a problem with the guard makeup tho. The team needs more Brevin than the other streaky guards, and every guard but Brevin are feast or famine. Plus, Brevins the only one that seems to be able to pass decently w/o getting tons of TO's.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If the Wizards were in the position to make a run for the championship, they would play Laettner. But they are around the bottom of the league, so it makes more sense to play a young 7 footer than a 34-year-old power forward with a good outside shot.

If the Wizards had to choose to keep either Laettner or Haywood, they would definitely choose Haywood, not because they think Haywood is better or has more potential, but because Laettner is 34 and has a huge contract.

·
Registered
996 Posts
We'll most definately draft either a PF or a C in this years draft, so we'll probably get rid of haywood, unless he shows some really good signs, which is unlikely.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I'm sure we all feel dumb:laugh:

·
Registered
996 Posts
okay now if we dont get a top 5 pick this season then lets not pick a pf to replace haywood, maybe to back him up, haywood has proved to me he's good from this game, great rebounder makes easy buckets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts