Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think he is the biggest problem of the team right now:upset:...the way he plays has gotten even worse than last year.

Does anyone else think that Houston should trade him?? If so, who can the Rockets trade him for??

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
I dunno, but the consensus here thinks Francis is the biggest problem of the team right now. At least Mobley's shooting the rock pretty well, he'll even be in the 3pt contest. As for Francis? He's been a pain towards the development of Yao Ming... sure he's single-handly won some games for Houston in the beginning of the season, but lately he's been mainly responsible for their loses...
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_francis/index.html?nav=page
Francis is 2nd in the league in total turnovers, has a .389 fg% and a .285 3pt%, and is scoring 4.4 ppg less than last yr.

The problem with trading Francis is that it's nearly impossible to get back a point guard of the same calibre level in a trade. Seattle's got plenty of guards (I know everyone likes Barry), but they would not want a guard in return.
I've been looking at possible trade scenrios for the last hr, but it's nearly impossible to get a PG that can instantly run the offense for us through a Francis trade. Houston's beyond it's rebuilding phase and would never consider a trade-for-draft pick at this point. (maybe in the offseason...) I guess we're really stuck with him.... :sigh:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It seems Mobley isnt playing very well of late and is in kida shooting slump or whatever, but anyway if hes a problem, so how we can call Francis play?

But when it goes to trading as Yao Mania mentioned theres no big chance of trading Francis, so that makes trading of Mobley looking more possible, but I think that wont fix the real problem in that team, which should gather around Yao, but has one guy who doesnt think so.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
I doubt Houston will tamper with their roster before the trade deadline, Dawson is a big fan of team chemistry and he believes only time can build some things. Plus he wants this squad getting some playoff experience and perform during prime time NBA. And you have to admit, when the Rockets have played well, everybody has fitted into place. But scoring is going to be a big problem... until Yao or Stevie becomes consistent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts