Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is an idiot. I can understand fouling with 3 or 4 seconds left, but to foul with 13 seconds left is incredibly retarded. If you just play defense, the worst that can happen is overtime. If you foul, especially with that much time left, you put yourself in a position to lose. Lawrence Frank needs to go. His offensive sets don't play to this team's strengths (which aren't many, but still) and his substitution patterns are abysmal.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
GrandKenyon6 said:
This guy is an idiot. I can understand fouling with 3 or 4 seconds left, but to foul with 13 seconds left is incredibly retarded. If you just play defense, the worst that can happen is overtime. If you foul, especially with that much time left, you put yourself in a position to lose. Lawrence Frank needs to go. His offensive sets don't play to this team's strengths (which aren't many, but still) and his substitution patterns are abysmal.
Agree..FIRE LAWRENCE FRANK... :banana: :clap: :cheers: :biggrin: :angel:
FIRE HIM THORN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Kobe had Jason beat when he made that foul. Better he shoot 2 then have him draw contact in the lane and have a 3 point play. I'm not exactly sure if that was Frank's gameplan but with Jason shooting so well at the line it's far from the worst brainfart of the season.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
GrandKenyon6 said:
but to foul with 13 seconds left is incredibly retarded. If you just play defense, the worst that can happen is overtime.
No. The foul was the right move. Kobe was in the zone and we could not afford overtime although we won anyway. Kobe was in the zone and fouling him was a way to take him out of the zone. Had JKidd hit both FTs then there would have been no OT.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrong Wrong Wrong. Not even close. How is fouling him a way to take him out of the zone? That just gives him free shots to get him in even more of a rhythm. Anyway, fouling him gave us just a 1 point lead. What if Kidd missed both? Then we would've been in big time trouble. As it is, he only made one and gave us just a 2 point lead with 10 or so seconds remaining. Would you rather be in a position where the worst that can happen is OT with 12 seconds remaining or would you rather be in a position to lose with 10 seconds remaining? If there were 4 or 5 seconds remaining, fouling would arguably be the right decision, but with 12 or 13 seconds left it is completely and utterly ridiculous. Lamar Odom was wide open on that 3 pointer. Thankfully we lucked out and he missed.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
GrandKenyon6 said:
Wrong Wrong Wrong. Not even close. How is fouling him a way to take him out of the zone? That just gives him free shots to get him in even more of a rhythm.
Because it's different at the foul line. Nobody is in front of you and it's just 15 feet away from the ring. So with that, you could break the rhythm. And yes, it did break Kobe's Rhythm as I don't remember him hitting another three after that. Results prove it.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Krakista said:
I don't remember him hitting another three after that. Results prove it.
Yeah, I dont think he hit another three after that. His didn't shoot well in the OT.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Questionable coaching decision, sure. Fireable offense off this one decision alone, hardly. If you want to add up all of Lawrence's bad calls then maybe you have a case but off this one, in a game in which we won mind you, it's kind of moot. Just write this down in the tally for the next fire Frank thread and lets enjoy the W.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I think Frank is doing a great job this season, plus I agreed with the fouling down the strech you dont wnat Kobe hitting the three to tie the game. The only thing I dont like with Frank is his substitutions. He should play Scott Padgett and at least give Antoine Wright a chance.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eddymac said:
I think Frank is doing a great job this season, plus I agreed with the fouling down the strech you dont wnat Kobe hitting the three to tie the game. The only thing I dont like with Frank is his substitutions. He should play Scott Padgett and at least give Antoine Wright a chance.
Uhh, it's better for him to hit a 3 to tie the game than for him to hit a 3 to win the game. Please try using logic.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
GrandKenyon6 said:

Fouling with 13 seconds left made no sense..I agree..

Frank almost cost us the game with that one in my opinion...you are also correct about his offensive sets not playing to the strengths of the team...good post

·
Banned
845 Posts
Am I mistaken or did the Nets win last night?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I had a problem with Frank putting in Jacque Vaughn HIS secret weapon, the fouling with 13 seconds left wasnt much of a big deal to me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts