Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.brama.com/news/press/020625medvedenko_basketball.html

"Hanya Krill and Vasyl Lopukh - Brama's intrepid interviewers - caught up with Slava at the Continental Airlines Arena in New Jersey prior to the 4th game of NBA Finals between the Lakers and the New Jersey Nets (a game that the Lakers won, claiming their third consecutive NBA title). Here are their questions and Slava's replies translated from Ukrainian into English. "

·
Registered
293 Posts
Re: Re: gettiin' to know Slava

Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!

This guy looks like he has potential, a big upside....
i'm just hoping next year will be his breakthrough season.
Yeah, hopefully he gets some playing time.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Re: Re: gettiin' to know Slava

Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!

This guy looks like he has potential, a big upside....
i'm just hoping next year will be his breakthrough season.
I agree, but I just don't think he will get the PT.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Re: Re: Re: gettiin' to know Slava

Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!

I agree, but I just don't think he will get the PT.

One thing about Slava, is he can and will show up for the big games, and you're right PT is the key, and I hope Jaxx gives him a chance, knowing that our frontline is not as deep.

Devean is a perfect example, Jaxx gave him some PT and he grew with confidence and understood his role, I expect George to get better, he is known for his D and energy.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here but I think Slava can be really good I mean REALLY GOOD, he has good scoring ability the heart to take shots he's way to agressive sometimes which you want and he has really good low post moves. He has a nice touch and he's a good athlete, Phillip just has to trust the guy Phillip doesn't trust D George or Slava yet but he's shown them the loot so he has to start, The Key is to give Slava big minutes early in the season and it'll pay off late Slava's weakness is his DEFENSE not real familar with post defense ,needs to get stronger but has a great knack for offensive rebounds, Slava if given time could become our starting PF if not than an important clog on the way to our 8 peat, OH YEAH I FIGURED 5 MORE RINGS OUGHT TO DO IT,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts