Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I need help now.

So this girl sorta dumped me a couple of weeks ago, saying she "drifted" and had changed her feelings towards me, while we were both away (overseas) and have not seen each other over a month. The thing is this girl liked me for almost a year and had cried over me before, and now she leaves me all heart-broken and sad. What should I do and can I do to win her back?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ben</b>!
Okay guys, I need help now.

So this girl sorta dumped me a couple of weeks ago, saying she "drifted" and had changed her feelings towards me, while we were both away (overseas) and have not seen each other over a month. The thing is this girl liked me for almost a year and had cried over me before, and now she leaves me all heart-broken and sad. What should I do and can I do to win her back?
move on, and wash your hands of her. Don't try to "win back" someone who's feelings for you have changed.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Re: Re: Gettin' back my ex-girl?

Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

move on, and wash your hands of her. Don't try to "win back" someone who's feelings for you have changed.
Yeah that is the best thing to do.......plus you dont want to get in to deep about why she has drifted apart.....you might not like what you hear

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Good advice so far.

Take it from someone who has been in similar shoes long ago... Let it go. It will only bring you more heartache later.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
and my friend...be careful. Be sure if her feelings drift back to you ...its for the right reasons. I'm sure you care for her because you asked for help. Just remember, you have to live with yourself in the long run.

As far as getting her back...don't expect some big movie moment. If it happens it happens. You would be best served to renew relationship as if you were starting over. Sometimes if your remember what brought you together you can figure out what made you drift apart.

I know its tough, good luck.:)

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
When it comes to re-engaging a past relationship, seriously think it through. In situations like this, do not strike while the iron is hot; strike when it is cold.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
When it comes to re-engaging a past relationship, seriously think it through. In situations like this, do not strike while the iron is hot; strike when it is cold.
Exactly. Well said.

My gut feeling is that she isn't completely over you yet, so just give it some time. Two weeks isn't enough. If she's in another relationship now, and it turns out poorly, she may come crawling back to you.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Let it go and move on. A year is nothing. Two, three years is something....I feel for ya though a similar thing happened to me only a year ago but I found somebody who will make me a lot happier.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I say let it go. Especially since its a long distance thing... just too many variables involved. Maybe she met another guy. Maybe she genuinely lost interest. Either way, its tough to get a completely honest answer from a woman ending a relationship. Dunno why that is, maybe because they like to let guys down easy and not hurt them too much.

Keep in contact w/ her. If she hooks up w/ another guy in 1-2 months time you <b>know</b> something was up while you were with her ;). I speak from experience on this one...

Also, never ever date a closer friend of hers.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
I say you keep searchin for free love on the free love freeway, because the love is free and the freeway's long. And if that doesn't work, try to get some hot love on the hot love highway.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
:ttiwwp:
:joke:

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
btw is she Chinese? 'cuz that's my expertise :D

Talk to her frds, get some info, see if she's been getting close to any other guys recently.

If she says her feelings have changed for you, it's hard to get her back that way right away. If you really want her back, it's gonna be a slooow and not-so-fun process for being her frd and holding back your feelings for awhile...

So best thing for you to do? Act like you've moved on, hang out with more girls, and see what kinda reaction she has. When she sees how sweet you're treating other girls she'll wanna come right back to ya ;)

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies guys.

Well, it's not a long-distance thing. We were both on vacations when she decided to break up, and now that school has started it's really tough having to see her every damn day.

I don't think there's a new guy in her life now, well I'm not too sure about that. I think I'ma just let it go for now, and hopefully one day we'll be together again. I've got 2 more years for that to happen. Thanks a lot again.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Cheer up guy. And Just remember:

Girls like this are out there for single guys like u! :D

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
Cheer up guy. And Just remember:

Girls like this are out there for single guys like u! :D
is it a japanese AV star?:laugh:

seriously,Ben,Yao Mania's words r great advice,just move on,there r so many nice girls around u.sometimes when u didn't get along with ur girl and by chance u saw those hot chicks pics,u would feel"F***,my girl isn't worth so much as i thought.there r so many girls way better than her".right?

anyway,i can feel u care much for her and be willing to wait for her back?it's understandable,all i can do is wish u good luck,though i feel the waiting process won't taste so good.:)

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
But seriously when I read this thread title I though it would be a good happy thread like I just screwed my ex and now we back together.

Just let her go and find a hotty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts