Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully the guys will come out shooting a little bit better than they have in the last couple of games. Not so much pressure for this one since it is out of conference. UK by 10.

Whoo haa! GO CATS!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Sorry I didn't get the game thread up. It's been a busy week. I'll have the game thread up for UK's next game.

Anyways, solid half for UK. Up by 10 points with their biggest lead being 17 (I believe). The Irish kept cutting the lead down, but UK kept pulling away, which is a good sign. Josh Carrier is obviously getting confident, as he is 2/2 from 3 point range. Thanks to Carrier, Fitch, and Azubuike, all who have one or more three's, Notre Dame can't play in the 2-3 zone, but if they go into a man defense, Hayes and Daniels take over. So far my favorite play was when Hawkins was pressured by Thomas, Thomas stole the ball but had it blocked by Hawkins and Hawkins got the ball back. My second favorite is the drive by UK's freshman Bobby Perry from the wing, all the way to the goal and goes up and under for a reverse lay-up. Notre Dame is playing a very good game though, and I expect an exciting second half.

Also, as the season goes on, UK is slowly developing a bench. Carrier has become very confident and gives UK a whole new outside threat. Bobby Perry has put in some solid minutes so far today and so has Lukasz Obrzut.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Final:

UK: 71
ND: 63

Great game by the Cats. Notre Dame pulled within 3 with about a minute to go, but UK had controlled the game so well up to that point, I wasn't even worried. Anybody see Azubuike's monster dunk with 3 seconds left? Wow! Player of the game easily goes to Chuck Hayes, yet again proving he is a top 7 forward in the nation and one of the premier players in the nation with 21 points. He carried UK throughout most of the second half, but UK still played well (though not as good) without him. Off-the-bench player of the game goes to Lukasz Obrzut and Josh Carrier. Lukasz provided some valuable minutes while Erik Daniels was on the bench, while Carrier provided valuable minutes in place of Cliff Hawkins by hitting some big three's (2/3). Great game, Cats.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, if there is one thing the Cats are proving this year it is that they can hang on to win a game that is close at the end.

Also, if Carrier could pick his defense up just a bit then he would be a very solid guy off the bench for KY. Glad to see he is finally coming around. Orbrzut looked a little bit more agressive today and FINALLY quit flopping midway through the second half. A guy that big does not need to flop unless he gets absolutely RUN DOWN. By the way, the little up and under move he did was nice even though he got called for the walk. I could not really see his feet but it looked to me like he just used his length to get around the guy...

Good win for the guys and especially for Hayes. I wonder if Barbour even made it into the game - no idea since we missed the first 12.5 minutes of the game since CBS REFUSES to switch for regional coverage and then shows 10 commercials (including self promotions) before going to the next game. ARGH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts