Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This hasbeen bugging me for months..

Everytime Ben Gordon is does his teardrop move, Kerr or that other boring guy says something like, "The giant killer." Where'd they get that name from??

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I don't know were it came from, other than the fact that the name pretty accuartely describes the shot, since it neutralizes the shotblocking "giants" down below that might bother his shot.

·
Registered
435 Posts
jsuh84 said:
This hasbeen bugging me for months..

Everytime Ben Gordon is does his teardrop move, Kerr or that other boring guy says something like, "The giant killer." Where'd they get that name from??
You honestly think our announcers are boring? They are non nuetral energetic bulls fans. They are also very good. Do you want some montone nuetral announcers from espn or from tnt?

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Tom Dore has been saying that for a while. At first I thought he meant the player Ben Gordon. I realized later that it was the move. Now Kerr has caught on during a Larrivee broadcast and the word dagger during a Dore broadcast.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
I love the term of art. Like 7th watch said, "Giant Killer" is more descriptive then"floater," and adds a pinache that mirrors how cool the shot is. I'll bet that the National media picks up the phrase when the bulls start their playoff run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts