Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Gibson and McDermott were reported to have went through shootaround today. One or both may play tonight versus the Warriors.

Hopefully, the time off has cured some of McDermott's recent shooting woes!

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now McDermott seems to being heading to surgery!!!! I have not seen any word on what his expected recovery time will be.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
I haven't heard anything on recovery time... just that he's getting arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.

4-6 weeks is what I've seen reported.

And yet still Snell can't seem to get any burn. Jimmy is going to lead the league in minutes quite comfortably.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Too bad about McDermott, but fortunately yesterday's report says that it was a very small meniscus tear, and they opted to just remove it. I know removing meniscus can cause issues way down a player's career (e.g., Wade had alot of meniscus removed early in his career), but if it was really that small of a removal, then he should be fine.

I am telling myself that Doug's crummy play & poor shooting was heavily related to the bum knee. Not that I'm a comparable example or anything, but I know when I have a nagging foot or knee, my shooting ability goes down the toilet in pick up games. This surgery + recovery time should see him back at 100% after the all-star break if not sooner. Hoping the mental break helps him as well.

As for Snell...he strikes me as one of those guys who plays better when given consistent and uninterrupted minutes, like we saw last year at times & during summer league. He is not the prototypical "energy guy" who can come in for 4-5 minute spurts and light it up. So when he is stuck playing in 3-5 minute segments each game, that really doesn't serve him well and makes him appear invisible which he has been. People are too hard on this guy too, he was a late 1st rounder in a below average draft. (That being said, at the time I wanted Gorgui Dieng and to this day I wonder why the Bulls didn't take him...appears to be a mistake passing on him)

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad about McDermott, but fortunately yesterday's report says that it was a very small meniscus tear, and they opted to just remove it. I know removing meniscus can cause issues way down a player's career (e.g., Wade had alot of meniscus removed early in his career), but if it was really that small of a removal, then he should be fine.

I am telling myself that Doug's crummy play & poor shooting was heavily related to the bum knee. Not that I'm a comparable example or anything, but I know when I have a nagging foot or knee, my shooting ability goes down the toilet in pick up games. This surgery + recovery time should see him back at 100% after the all-star break if not sooner. Hoping the mental break helps him as well.

As for Snell...he strikes me as one of those guys who plays better when given consistent and uninterrupted minutes, like we saw last year at times & during summer league. He is not the prototypical "energy guy" who can come in for 4-5 minute spurts and light it up. So when he is stuck playing in 3-5 minute segments each game, that really doesn't serve him well and makes him appear invisible which he has been. People are too hard on this guy too, he was a late 1st rounder in a below average draft. (That being said, at the time I wanted Gorgui Dieng and to this day I wonder why the Bulls didn't take him...appears to be a mistake passing on him)
I am glad it is just a small tear. I hope he is back by the all-star break and that his shooting and overall play is much improved.

As far as Snell, you may be right. He does not seem to do well coming off of the bench. If something does not change soon, his NBA career could be pretty limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts