Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't the most relevent thread in the world, but, as I was checking his stats on cbssportsline, I noticed that they have him listed at 6'4" 210 lbs. I'm 100% positive that last year he was 6'3" 200 lbs., so to be sure, I checked other sites, nba.com and espn.com. They also report him at 6'4" 210. Now, he wasn't that last year, and he obviously can't grow anymore since he's twenty three (males stop growing at the absolute latest at around twent one). I know he was just nineteen when he was drafted, so it's possible that he grew some more, but why wait until now to increase his height? I don't have a problem with the weight since people can obviously add or lose muscle.

I guess this thread doesn't make a whole lotta sense. If they update the height/weight for Arenas, why not accurately say the height/weight for everyone else (like Dwyane Wade being about 6'5" 220, Tracy McGrady being 6'9" 230, LBJ being about 6'9" 255 lbs, etc)?

Anyway, this isn't all that important. He's playing lights out (from a statistical point of view, I can't watch games . . . :dead: ).

Since I can't watch him this year, and since I saw him play alot last season, I was wondering if his game has made any significant strides, i.e. has he improved in any areas?

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Using the waybackmachine you can look at Gil's player file. In 2004 he was listed at 6-4 205. In 2003 he was listed at 6-3 191. Its funny how much players grow physically as they grow in stature.

Gil has improved his mid-range game significantly. This has helped his game all around.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
The announcers have harped on the fact that he lost 7 pounds over the summer because he wanted to be quicker. Just a random tidbit semi-related to the thread.

Like BCH noted, Arenas' mid-range game is vastly improved. I can't recall him missing a single open shot in between the three point line and the paint this season. If he gets open 10-20 feet from the basket, it's like a layup.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Starbury03 said:
Males can grow till age 30. Elden Campell grew an inch over a summer when he was I think 28.
Really? I never thought that could be possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts