Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually,both of them have a tremendous amount of value in terms of scoring,playmaking and you name the others.
Both of them are also an all-around "All-Star" caliber kind of players.
I don't know who's better,but i definitely have to go with my boy Paul Pierce.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
well if you want a PG chose Gilbert but if you want a SF choose Paul Pierce, but if i were to build a franchise around someone at the moment it would be gilbert arenas, he is a general, he is young, reching his prime and is a damaging offensive player while still pretty good on defense. not sayin that paul pierce isnt all these things, i just think that he is aging and is known for the odd "i want out if we lose" problem

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Bad comparison, an SF vs a PG? I guess Pierce is a more proven player at the moment, Arenas had a better season last year but Pierce this year and in his prime is a beast. I take GA cause of the age and huge upside but it really would be about what posistion your team needs. I think by the end of the year GA will have had a better season at 23 years old than Pierce's best season.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Tough call especially when you consider that they play different positions. Because it's harder to find a great point guard than a great swingman, I'd probably go with Gilbert Arenas for that simple fact.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Right now I'll take Pierce. They're both scoring extremely well (volume and efficiency) but Pierce has a fairly large edge in rebounding and defense that, IMO, Gil doesn't make up in other areas. Both have been fantastic this year though.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I would take Arenas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts